This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Swirl Marks Final Comment

February 16 2012 at 10:40 AM
Don Eldred 

So to day I visited 2 retail stores to check what was new. Checked all the samples and I never saw a new carpet with swirl marks in it from the factory.
My point is this--if the consumer bought a carpet that did not have swirl marks in it right from the beginning--why is it cool for us to clean and leave behind swirl marks [a form of pile distortion]

AuthorReply
Shorty

A distorted view from down under

February 16 2012, 3:53 PM 

I guess personal preferences would go a long way with this discussion.

Many Wandas may say, "The wand marks show the carpet has been cleaned".

Others may prefer it raked/groomed to hide the wand marks.

O.P.'s may like their results, but will the customer??

Encappers may receive comments like "Wow, the carpet looks sculptured, different to everybody else's carpet".

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

I'm not saying any end result is the best because I say it is.

I believe it all depends on the person paying the check, and it is our duty to make them happy by giving them what THEY want.

Beauty, after all, is in the eye of the beholder. wink.gif

All the best.

Shorty.

PS::: I'm getting a new car in a month or so, with a lot of extras 'cos I'm not keen on the stock standard model off the showroom floor. wink.gif

PPS::: I'm not really getting a new car. happy.gif

Derek

Re: A distorted view from down under

February 16 2012, 4:17 PM 

stock carpet has no groom marks either.

Don Eldred

February 17 2012, 10:29 AM 

Big difference between marks left by a vacuum or grooming brush and swirl marks left by any rotary machine on a cut pile carpet.

Derek

February 17 2012, 11:05 AM 

only the shape :P

i dont see much of a difference between "pile distortion" after using a Cimex (swirl) or using a blazing hot TM wand (triangle).

tomato or tomato kinda thing i reckon.

Don Eldred

February 17 2012, 11:28 AM 

You are so right, and I am so wrong!!!!!!! I guess that is why over 60% of all carpets are never cleaned
Oh by the way a professional carpet clean grooms the carpet no matter which cleaning method he uses.

Kenny

February 17 2012, 1:54 PM 

I thought about you today Don, as I groomed the carpet of my first job to get the furniture indentations out. I have to admit that it did look better

David Hebert

February 17 2012, 2:07 PM 

residential carpet grooming is a must Commercial not so much . No way do trying to grooming 20k plus of carpet make sense. Using a rotary and OP rarly are there marks any how

Don Eldred

February 17 2012, 2:55 PM 

Years back when they used a lot of cut pile in commercial we power groomed using pile lifters, post vacuuming, buildings looked great. Most commercial to day does need grooming low level loop NO PROBLRM..
Grooming residential cut pile just shows that you are a real professional

David Hebert

February 17 2012, 4:36 PM 

We have lots of day cares that certain rooms get vacuumed but they still leave marks, but no swirls. The building Admins hate the marks, infact they do not even like the lines a CBM leave if we go in opposite direction on each pass. I told her I could go east to west also and have a checker board, she was not amused

frankie

hey shorty

February 18 2012, 9:42 AM 

you want to buy a new car?

Al Taylor

Re: Swirl Marks Final Comment

February 17 2012, 9:29 PM 

I ask your opinion DON,

IF my client (RESI) says leave the swirl marks and I do rather than groom would you say that is not professional of me? I just like to know cause Pro is what I want to be. my custys all would like me to leave them. So should I?

Al Taylor

Better is the end afterward of a matter than its beginning.

Don Eldred

Re: Swirl Marks Final Comment

February 18 2012, 10:34 AM 

The customer is the boss if they want swirl marks give them swirl marks.

Current Topic - Swirl Marks Final Comment
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com