This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Thinking about getting a cimex

February 18 2012 at 12:28 AM
Fred Yett  

I have been thinking about getting a cimex. I have a carpet cleaning company in SLO california and we mostly do residential HWE right now, but we want to move into more encap work. The way I hear it there is no better way to encap than with a cimex. I am interested in any information I can get from actual owners regarding what machine would be suitable.

We were originally a little concerned about weight, but I think we have gotten over that. I am 62 but can carry a pretty heavy load. My son is with me every day though and I don't think the weight would be a consideration for him.

Atascadero carpet cleaning
carpet cleaning San Luis Obispo

AuthorReply
Nick Palumbo

Cimex

February 18 2012, 9:04 AM 

Well, I was leaning towards a cimex several years ago also. Rick told me that it's great for commerical but he wouldn't use it on residential too bulky and heavy. We Talked and he sold me a HOS orbot 17" and I love it. He put me in the right machine for residential. I even use it on commerical work also. But I guess it's your choice.
If you can handle the bulk and weight, the cimex is an awesome machine also. Call Rick at excellent supply he'll put you in the right machine. JMO!

frankie

thinking about a cimex

February 18 2012, 9:38 AM 

stop thinking. start buying. we are using more and more in residential settings.
Yeah it's heavy. what we sometimes do is use the cimex for the first floor and a roto for the second. we scrub with pads on both machines then follow up with bonnets and rake. comes out nice.

Joe M

Had 3 of them

February 18 2012, 1:06 PM 

I at one point of my life had 3 of them at least I stopped counting after 3.

Maybe I had more only Rick would know.

I had one 15", and if you are going to do resi work then I would get the 15".

I had 2 19" and for comm work they are the cats meow.

If I could affored one again I would get another 19".

I sold all three due to slow business and the need for money and it was the worst deal of my life to sell any of them.

Make sure you habe a big strong guy or gal to help load it or make or buy a ramp. But again, the 19" is to dang big for resi work, but thats just me talking and what do I know...LOL

Shorty

As usual.....................

February 20 2012, 3:47 PM 

with respect, I disagree with those that say Big yella is too big for residential work.

I've been using the 19 incher for 8-9 years now with no regrets.

For stairs, I have BIG WHEELS installed on it.

This allows me to take it up three flights of stairs in an apartment building to the top floor which is a townhouse.

There is then an extra flight of timber stairs inside the unit to get to the upper carpeted bedrooms.

I can work it comfortably inside a 21" wide wardrobe with sliding doors, or inside a 6 x 4 walk-in-robe, including behind the door.

I have always had ramps to load/unload, these are less than 4' long.

Like many things in life, one must persevere and try different ways of doing things with the Mex; to get the best out of her.

Experiment with different things and ways instead of just saying "I or IT, WON'T / CAN'T do that"

Experience is a great teacher only if you try.

Now for the benefit of those that don't know me, I'd just like to re-iterate, I'm not some strong young buck that can throw my weight around in the gym wink.gif

I'm a tad short of 5'7", weigh in at about 213lb and turned 65 about 101 weeks ago.

I still do a full day 5-6, and sometimes even 7 days a week if I have to.

I do a lot of commercial work for a large contractor as well as some WDR.

If I was still waltzing with Wanda, I would have given up years ago when I busted my knee and tibia badly, ending up in hospital for six months with MRSA.

When someone say's "You can't" I ask "Why not?".

Believe in yourself and Big Yella and the profits are yours.

Shorty.

Joe Gilstrap

Hey Shorty!

February 20 2012, 6:01 PM 

You inspire me like no other. Would you post a picture of yourself so I can see what my hero looks like?

Shorty

I'm blushing !!!!!!!!!!

February 21 2012, 2:16 AM 

Gee Joe, you sure do know how to embarrass a guy doncha'

Here's a pic of me at Conventions 2010 with a good friend.

Must admit, I had my high heels on that day.

In case you can't tell, I'm the shortwun on the left in maroon and with whiskers.. wink.gif

Fully decked out with my much prized OCCD badge.

Take care,

Shorty.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

I just couldn't help myself over there, I even took over a fat t-shirt.

PS::: In true ST fashion from SFS, pick me if you can...........This just arrived in my email from Facebook, and I very rarely go there.

I'm at a loss for words (for a change), but I'm sure some of you will recognize a familiar face in amongst the rabble. happy.gif

This message has been edited by Shortwunincairns on Feb 21, 2012 6:05 AM
This message has been edited by Shortwunincairns on Feb 21, 2012 2:43 AM

Joe Gilstrap

Thanks Shorty!

February 21 2012, 6:17 PM 

Now I have several pics of my hero. I think I'll make a wall poster out of one of em. I don't know whether to use the one with white hair, orange hair or no hair. LOL

Shorty, it's guys like you that make this board fun.

Current Topic - Thinking about getting a cimex
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com