This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Prochem Procap or a 175 with fiber plus pads

February 19 2012 at 8:30 AM
Robert  

Can someone give me your thoughts on what will do the best job , I have only done residential with a portable, I am wanting to get into commercial carpet cleaning so my question is what going to give me the best results a Prochem procaps machine or a 175 using fiber plus pads I have bid on my first commercial job a hotel and some of the traffic areas are pretty nasty,

AuthorReply
Rick Thode

Re: Prochem Procap or a 175 with fiber plus pads

February 19 2012, 3:04 PM 

Don't waste your time on a Procaps machine. They do not stand up at all. Out of those 2 machines, you will definitely be more happy with the 175. If you have a solution tank on the 175, the fibre plus pads will work awesome. If you don't, a good quality brush will probably give you a better result.

Rick Thode
info@goodsolutions.ca
Your Canadian Source for Releasit/Cimex

Robert

February 19 2012, 3:33 PM 

The 175 does not have a tank so I will be prespraying will the fiber plus pad do a good job or do I need to use a brush or bonnet?

Steve

February 19 2012, 3:39 PM 

Depends if you want to extract any soil or not. FP pads do not absorb soil. Tuway bonnets absorb some.

Robert

February 19 2012, 4:00 PM 

my main concern is to do a great job, this place was clean a month by a well know carpet company here in my city using HWE the stains have all come back, the traffic areas in front of the elevators are extremely nasty. will the fiber plus pads with the right product do the job?

Steve

February 19 2012, 6:38 PM 

In a word Hell Yea Ok maybe 2 words

Don Eldred

February 20 2012, 10:18 AM 

It is so dependant on the operator and using proper techniques, this not only pertains to encap but any method used to clean carpets. This is the reason why some cleaners are more successful than others, they have taken the time to refine proper techniques with every method they use, none are fool proof.

Joe M

February 19 2012, 4:20 PM 

I use a 175 for everything now with Ricks FP Max and FP pads. The best thing you can do is to buy a tank for the 175. Will make a big diference.

Don Eldred

Re: 175

February 20 2012, 11:29 AM 

The only problem with a 175 machine is in commercial work it looks too much like something the janitorial co. doing the carpets where as a cimex or OP machine is more like a professional carpet cleaner on site

Joe M

Wow

February 20 2012, 3:12 PM 

Wow Don, just when I don't think you can say anything else that is a dig to someone or some thing in the way of cleaning you just come along and surprise me.

I use a 175 and have been for years, commercial customers don't care for the most part how there carpet is cleaned, they just want clean carpet.

Joe Gilstrap

Re: Wow

February 20 2012, 5:57 PM 

In my experience, most residential customers don't care what kind of equipment you have either. And as a further note, if you have a residential customer that runs you through the third degree about your method, that person will probably end up being a problem customer.

David Hebert

Re: Wow

February 21 2012, 8:28 AM 

While some may take offense Don is rite, using a 175 machine IE buffer will make it appear you are doing just what a janitorial co would do. ( We use Buffers too) The difference is in the chemicals we use and the time we spend making sure the job is done rite.

We also run OP machine and CBM. IF I know clients are going to be around I will make sure the OP or brush machines are being used. Perception is reality if a client thinks you are just like a janitorial company You are.

Joe M

Disagree

February 21 2012, 1:08 PM 

Ring, ring (telephone)

Me; JM Cleaing Service, May I help you.

MFG CO in the next town; Yes Hi, we would like to have our carpets cleaned, can you come over and give us a price.

Me; ok how about this Tuesday @ 11 AM

Customer; great but first I need to know what type of machine do you use because we want to hire a company that does not look like our janitorial service.

What I am trying to say is the above never happens. Never in all my years (and I have been in business as many years as Rick) of carpet cleaning have I ever had any customer: residential or commercial ask me what my process was and or how I was going to clean their carpets.

Never.

All the customer wants is clean carpet, how you do it is your business and most of the times when I did try to explain how they would be cleaned the customer both res and comm would just tell me not to bother as long as the job was done.

The customer does not care if you have the fancy wraped van or your TM has a 1200 psi heated pump. All they want is someone that is fair, looks profesonal and does not go looking through they underwear drawer when they are cleaning the bedroom rugs.

The tools you use are yours to use and to the customer it really don't matter. All they want is to get what they are paying for, clean carpet.

Pete

Disagree

February 22 2012, 12:58 PM 

Well it's good to know all I have to do is keep out of the drawers. That should be an easy fix.

Joe M

LOL

February 22 2012, 5:00 PM 

Or at least don't get caught at it.

Current Topic - Prochem Procap or a 175 with fiber plus pads
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com