This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Comercial carpet cleaning hotels

February 25 2012 at 4:52 PM
Robert  

I have a 300 rpm machine I just bought used trying to get into comercial carpet cleaning, I just lined up 2 jobs in March both are hotels this will be my first comercial job, I plan on using fiber plus pads and DS2 and punch as my chemicals, my qustion is the smell of the DS2 and punch going to be too strong for use in a hotel setting? also do I need to go back after with a bonnet to do a good job? or the fiber plus plads be all I need? I do not have a tank on my machine so I will be spraying the chemical. also how long will it take to dry? being a hotel there is going to be guest in and out so blocking off a area is impossible. please send all advice..

AuthorReply
David Hebert

Re: Comercial carpet cleaning hotels

February 25 2012, 7:08 PM 

Get a tank on your machine before you do any work. everything else depends on how much chemical is put down and if people are sensitive t those chemicals.

Judd Bowers

February 29 2012, 11:04 AM 

DS2 should be the only chemical you need, unless they've got some really bad traffic areas. I don't think the odor will be a big deal, I get, "Wow that smells clean!" about 20 times to the one occasional complaint.

I use an Orbot and I always use a Fiber+ pad followed by a bonnet. It's just so much more effective than relying on a post vacuum. However, hotels don't pay much profit so I may only use a bonnet on really soiled areas to save time.

Can't help you much with dry times other than its a lot less than the soak-n-wet method. Bonnets help with dry times. My average is 45-75 min depending on humidity with no air movers.

Judd Bowers

February 29 2012, 11:04 AM 

Oops! Double post. Me and computers, a real love/hate relationship, I really love hating them.

This message has been edited by JuddBowers on Feb 29, 2012 11:06 AM

Current Topic - Comercial carpet cleaning hotels
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com