This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Releasit DS & Cimex for Residential - Will it work?

March 17 2012 at 11:43 AM
Ken  

I'll be using Releasit DS & Cimex for residential carpet today. Will it work? I can use either fiber plus pads or Tuway bonnets.

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Releasit DS & Cimex for Residential - Will it work?

March 18 2012, 7:45 AM 

Hello Ken,

Encapsulation is great for commercial carpet cleaning, but it's not what we recommend for residential. Hot water extraction or possibly bonnet cleaning are more appropriate for residential carpet cleaning. I know there are guys out there who are servicing residential carpets with encapsulation, but it's not going to provide optimum results in a residential setting. In a residential setting you want to remove as much of the sol as possible at the time of the initial cleaning. With encapsulation, the soil will be recovered during the post-vacuuming process. While that approach may be OK in a commercial environment, it's not the best way to go with a residential carpet. Plus the Cimex can be kind of bulky for residential work. So one of the other cleaning methods would be a better choice for residential carpet, such as HWE or bonnet cleaning. Wish I could give you a green light, but this is my honest appraisal of the situation. Encap rocks for commercial carpet maintenance! But there are only limited applications where it would be right for residential.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Charles

Releasit D/S

March 18 2012, 3:31 PM 

D/S might be a little too much for residential.
Watch out for the carpets becoming stiff but that would vacuum out.
Homeowners would have to be aware of that before cleaning.
Use a 175 with solution tank with Encap-Basic or Punch. Also HWE after.

Judd Bowers

Re: Releasit DS & Cimex for Residential - Will it work?

March 23 2012, 9:12 AM 

I don't use a Cimex but I use DS on every residential job. I use the Orbot. First with a Fiber+ pad then immediately followed by a bonnet to extract most of the soil. I'm cleaning residential better than ever now. Almost every job is landing me a referral too!

Current Topic - Releasit DS & Cimex for Residential - Will it work?
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com