This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

encapping with random orbital palm buffer

March 26 2012 at 12:16 PM
derek  

has anyone tried encapping stiars or uph with a random orbital palm buffer?Or should try a different tool?

AuthorReply
Phillip Newell

Re: encapping with random orbital palm buffer

March 26 2012, 1:35 PM 

Hey Derek

That's what I use in residential. I use it with microfiber towels. Works like a charm!

Phillip Newell
Clean Image Carpet Care
www.cleanimagecarpetcare.com

derek

pads?

March 26 2012, 2:10 PM 

which pads do you use? Do you use the palm buffer on stairs & uph...which model and brand would you suggest?

Derek

Re: pads?

March 26 2012, 3:27 PM 

[linked image]

while i haven't used the smaller hand orbital as pictured above (i still have one that i've only used a few times from years ago), i do use a larger 2-handed orbital tool as pictured below. it cleans stairs great from my experience. for the hard to reach areas, a hand-brush, towel and elbow grease work nicely happy.gif

[linked image]

hope that helps some. perhaps others have more input for you.

David

March 26 2012, 7:05 PM 

Anonymous

March 28 2012, 6:02 AM 

I use an 8 inch modedl to allow me enough room to get the riser between stairs

Anonymous

Re: encapping with random orbital palm buffer

March 28 2012, 6:01 AM 

This is my primary stair method. I used to get pads from Argo but they have since gone the way of the Dodo. It is a fast method. I use Tuway pads now.

Mike

Oreck Orbitor

March 28 2012, 10:08 PM 

I use an Oreck Orbitor for stairs,works great!

Duane

Oreck Orbiter

April 12 2012, 9:04 PM 

My opinion, The oreck orbiter is the way to go for doing steps,you can use all types of bonnets including fiberplus pads.I modified the pad driver with velcro because it has plastic teeth that makes the pads very hard to get off.What we do is stand above the step your cleaning & work below your feet, you can even let it swivel down over the lip or the edge of the steps - works awsome ! If you decide to get one get the 3/4 horse the 1/2 horse is under powered & wanders all over ,with no control of it. Hope this helps..

Duane

Oreck Orbiter

April 12 2012, 9:05 PM 

My opinion, The oreck orbiter is the way to go for doing steps,you can use all types of bonnets including fiberplus pads.I modified the pad driver with velcro because it has plastic teeth that makes the pads very hard to get off.What we do is stand above the step your cleaning & work below your feet, you can even let it swivel down over the lip or the edge of the steps - works awsome ! If you decide to get one get the 3/4 horse the 1/2 horse is under powered & wanders all over ,with no control of it. Hope this helps..

Duane

Oreck Orbiter

April 12 2012, 9:07 PM 

Current Topic - encapping with random orbital palm buffer
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com