This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Copier/Toner Help

April 2 2012 at 3:46 PM
Steve Borcherdt  

This is kind of funny. I stopped to load photos to photobucket on my phone because I am looking for help on theses spots that are toner. I discover that I have won the March photo contest. It was NOT my best work, I admit. I thought I should have won a year ago when I got some toner out with a Zebra Brush but, oh, well!! Not really a contest but I'll take the money and run.

Here is what I am looking at today. This is toner that has been down for 6 yrs+ not a couple of days and it is commercial carpet not cut pile. This is for a school district that cleans carpets with their own truckmount. I am not on the approved vendor list yet so I have some time to research. Let me know what you think. I have more pictures but this will give you the idea. I think the photos washed out a little so it is worse that it looks.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Copier/Toner Help

April 4 2012, 8:14 AM 

Hey Steve,

If the toner has been down for over 6 years. And it's been cleaned repeatedly with a truckmount during those 6 years... I'd venture a guess that those stains have become permanent. Keep in mind that toner is activated (or set) by heat. And a truckmount cleaning could have easily caused those stains to become one with the fiber (i.e.dyed). And since the school has lived with the stains for over 6 years, they probably consider that they're permanent and won't ever come out. I'm fond of saying that bonafide miracles were last performed on earth 2,000 years ago, we can do our best - but that stain is not likely going to budge - it's a permanent stain. You might consider saying something along those lines to this prospect and I'm sure they'll understand.

These two CTI products work pretty well for toner...

(1) Start with Power Gel
http://www.excellent-supply.com/CTI-Pros-Choice-Power-Gel-Emulsifier-415-oz-118-ml-Tube-Commercial-Carpet-Cleaning-Stain-Remover_p_51.html

(2) Follow up with Pro-Sove Gel
http://www.excellent-supply.com/CTI-Pros-Choice-PRO-SOLVE-GEL-415-oz-118-ml-Tube-Commercial-Carpet-Cleaning-Stain-Remover_p_52.html

(3) Use each of the CTI spotters sparingly. Blot up each product with a terrycloth towel. After you've blotted up the majority of the CTI spotters you can either rinse the carpet via HWE, or you can recover the remaining residue with Encap-Spot. Saturate the spot with Encap-Spot and blot repeatedly. Then perform normal encap cleaning.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Releasit-Encap-Spot-Encapsulating-Stain-Remover-and-Odor-Remover-1-Quart-32-oz-Encapsulation-Carpet-Cleaning-Products-Encap_p_75.html

As I mentioned above, there's no guarantee that you can perform a "miracle" on these old set toner stains, but if you do manage to pull it off you'll be elevated to hero status. So it's worth a shot. But just be sure that you under-promise.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Current Topic - Copier/Toner Help
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com