This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Two questions

April 13 2012 at 12:21 PM
Bob  

Hello Everyone. I'm new to Encap products (I've been using Host) and this forum and have a couple of questions:

1. How many passes are necessary when using a Host machine with Encap products?

2. When using Encap on residential carpet, how long will it take for the product to dry to the point where vacuuming can/should be done?

Thanks in advance for your help.

AuthorReply

Charles

2 QUESTIONS

April 13 2012, 1:28 PM 

If you have that little HOST machine it is going to take forever to clean a rug. Probably won't even be fantastic. Do you have a 175 with solution tank or buy a cimex. Cleaning residential I would tell them to vacuum the next day.

Rick Gelinas

Re: 2 QUESTIONS

April 13 2012, 3:03 PM 

Charles nailed it.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Bob

April 13 2012, 7:18 PM 

I have a T-7 commercial machine with an extractorvac. Just out of curiousity, what does one of those Cimex machines cost?

Charles

2 QUESTIONS

April 14 2012, 12:53 PM 

A cimex will cost between $3,000 to $3,500. But
if you buy from Rick you might get a good deal.
Give his office a call Monday morning.

RichardC

April 16 2012, 11:33 AM 

Don't get too caught up in what it costs until you also consider how much it will make you.

Not to many machines will give you the ability to be so productive and therefore allow you to make more money per hour as a Cimex.

It will also pay for itself in a short time if you have the work for it. It can also open a lot of doors by allowing you to be competitive on bids yet still deliver a great product(greatly improved appearance. The Cimex is worth every penny you pay for it!

Derek

don't waste your time with a Host

April 23 2012, 10:03 AM 

i 1st encap'ed with a Host...the results were SO terrible i almost gave up on encap right there and then, when i finished there was no difference from when i started.

good thing i listened to the ppl on these forums back in 2004. i took out a 0% interest credit card and invested in a Cimex from this site...best move i could have made. the results are literally night and day.

EDIT** as far as post-vacuuming goes for resi work (i encap most resi with Punch), i only post-vac to remove any staple fibers and i do it after i finish OP'ing. no time to wait around, my Dyson DC07 handles any damp debris fine (some vac's do not handle any moisture so beware.)

i never post-vac to remove the "encapped" material.

This message has been edited by DerekBeyer on Apr 23, 2012 10:07 AM

Current Topic - Two questions
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com