This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Getting Started

May 4 2012 at 4:10 PM
Brandon  

Brandon Johnson

I got into carpet cleaning after working as an Office Manager for a roofing company. I wanted to supplement my income so I researched carpet cleaning machines and discovered Low Moisture Cleaning. I bought a Challenger 15" and finally a penguin electric sprayer from Excellent Supply! (used hand pump for about a year, not pleasant) and have been cleaning residential full-time by myself for a year and a half. Most of my business comes from internet marketing and referrals. So I have some experience with inbound marketing (residential) so feel free to contact me if you have any questions on that.

I bought a Cimex December of 2011, and have used it on some existing accounts that came through our internet marketing. We are starting our commercial prospecting Monday and will be posting our experience and growth on a Facebook group I created.

I welcome all people whether you are just getting started or you have many accounts and multiple businesses, this will be a discussion area for your Sales Experience and help motivate everyone to get to that next level.

"Be a collector of good ideas, but don't trust your memory. The best collecting place for all of the ideas and information that comes your way is your journal." -- Jim Rohn

Hopefully this will work as a journal for all business owners in our industry.

If you would like to join, add me on Facebook and I will then invite you to the group, I don't really know any other way to do it, or I would have just posted a link, however Facebook is a good place for this, because it is free, and you can post and have discussions, post pictures, very quickly.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=9615380

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: Getting Started

May 4 2012, 10:00 PM 

Hi Brandon,

Sounds like you've gotten off to a good start. Boot-strapping your business along as you're doing is a great way to get it going (that's how I've always done things).

Two of the 2 biggest things to focus on are (1) confidence and (2) persistence. You need lots of confidence in what you're bringing to your prospects and that you can solve their problems (not cocky confidence - just positive knowledge that what you're doing brings value). And you need to persist - don't back down, push yourself to move forward with laser like focus, have good follow up, and don't give up.

These are two of the primary keys to succeeding in business IMHO.

Keep up the good work. If I or my staff can help you let me know.

P.S. A "collection" of good ideas - a "journal" so to speak of commercially oriented business ideas can be found on this message board www.EncapBoard.com, as well as the EncapBlog www.EncapBlog.com. You'll also notice there are links to other excellent industry message boards where you can find lots of helpful information up in the top menu bar of this message board.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

This message has been edited by cimex on May 5, 2012 8:30 AM

Brandon

Thanks Rick

May 5 2012, 12:36 AM 

Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely keep those 2 points in mind as we go forward.

Charles

Getting Started / Facebook

May 5 2012, 1:56 PM 

If you want to use Facebook as your business you need to create a separate page with your company name on it. Post before & after pics & videos.
Offer special or coupons. Create a call to action so customers will
"LIKE" your page and not Friend your page. You should sign up for a FREE Cleanfax magazine which gives a lot of stories and tips for cleaning, equipment & chemicals. Excellent Supply has an ad on page 62.

There is an article written by Joe Polish about Facebook on page 42.
He gives some good advice. See CLEANFAX just above this forum. Click the button and you can read the digital magazine.

Make sure you are listed on Google Place with pics. Also sign up for MANTA http://www.manta.com

Also sign up ahttp://www.stik.com which gives reviews from customers which will help your facebook page.

Here is the link for the magazine: http://www.cleanfax-digital.com/201205/201205#&pageSet=0

This message has been edited by Grossvater on May 5, 2012 2:54 PM

Current Topic - Getting Started
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com