This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

SummerFest XIV was a blast!

May 7 2012 at 7:42 AM

Rick Gelinas 

SummerFest was great! Everyone had a lot of fun. The crowd was smallish though (around 20 visitors), and several of the visitors said they wouldn't be able to stay for both days (Sunday and Monday), so the consensus was to roll all the SummerFest activities into one day (Sunday). And that was actually a cool idea, because it kept it all moving fast. There was a whole lot of activity packed into a relatively short period of time. We started the day with a pad toss game, then there was the SummerFest round table and planning, followed by a burger BBQ lunch, then my commercial marketing session, then the annual spot removal competition, then an excellent color dyeing course by Tom Cermack, and we finished up with some hilarious entertainment from our staff, and lastly we went out to dinner together. My wife and I along with our staff had a lot of fun hosting SummerFest XIV. So thanks again to all who came - we really enjoyed the event from start to finish! And thanks to the Cermaks, and Ades Gros for their efforts in planning another fun SummerFest.

P.S. If anyone is still planning to come today (Monday), you're more than welcome to stop by the shop and say hi, but the SummerFest activities were already covered on Sunday. If you stop in, you're more than welcome to try equipment, and I'll also be happy to run through the Commercial Marketing session if anyone would like me too.

P.P.S. I'll be posting some videos and photos soon.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

This message has been edited by cimex on May 7, 2012 7:51 AM

AuthorReply
Joe Gilstrap

Re: SummerFest XIV was a blast!

May 8 2012, 7:58 PM 

Rick, I'm looking forward to some pics and videos from Summerfest. I would love to come to one sometime, but just can't seem to ever get away.

By the way, I really love the New Cimex that I got from you. I like all of the changes that have been made.
Thanks for the great service and shipping.

P.S. The "Big Boy" wheels are awesome.

Derek

May 10 2012, 10:12 AM 

"I really love the New Cimex that I got from you."

are there new/recent changes to the Cimex??

if so, please share happy.gif

Rick Gelinas

May 10 2012, 9:57 PM 

Hey Derek,

There have been a few changes. They're using a new Leeson motor. It's a really tough and massive industrial motor! There's also nice new tank that's an improvement over the tank the older machines had.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Rick Lord

Summerfest

May 11 2012, 6:01 AM 

Rick it was a great event thanks for everything! After going to Connections several years ago and not really getting much out of it I quit going to industry events. However I found the smaller type event to be much more inline with what I was looking for. Great interaction with real quality people and discussing different business approaches and operations.
Of course I'll be expecting cupcakes with every order from now on happy.gif

Derek

Re: Summerfest

May 11 2012, 2:19 PM 

i am hoping i can make this event next year or the year after, if business continues to improve as it has.

i look forward to the pix!

rick lord

To Bad Derek

May 13 2012, 6:20 AM 

Derek to bad you missed this one as it was great. I mainly went because Rick was having it and would like to have met you after all the years posting and emails. Lots of time to interact with other pros and got to spend a lot of time getting info from Rick. I probably won't go to Connections again but definately will consider the "fests" type events in the future.
I even had a primarily hard surface guy go with me and he throughly enjoyed it and would go gain tomorrow if there was another.

Derek

Re: To Bad Derek

May 14 2012, 4:02 PM 

yea i look forward to meeting you Rick. I to would only go to a fest type of a get together...i'd make a mini vacation out of it happy.gif

ades gros

Re: To Bad Derek

May 14 2012, 8:44 PM 

Rick L you told you came cause i was there, LOL
I like the cup cake idea, oh by the way who made them oh i did, ricks response YOU DID oh if i would have had a picture of Jo's face priceless.
Man it was a great time.

Carpet Cleaning Wilson North Carolina

ades gros

May 14 2012, 8:48 PM 

Hello Derek, next year Summerfest will be in Muskegon Mi hosted by DSC products hope you can make it.

Carpet Cleaning Wilson North Carolina

Derek

May 15 2012, 9:54 AM 

hi Ades, tx for the info.

long time no see, business must be booming for you. i hope so happy.gif

Current Topic - SummerFest XIV was a blast!
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com