This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

First encap job

May 9 2012 at 6:31 PM
Uk Cleaning  

Hi

Im totally new to encapping. Lots of experience bonnet and TM cleaning but new to encapping.

So did a commercial job today. No visual soil, glue down medium pile carpet. Used white pads and surround encap.

1) Im not sure if Ive got the knack of the cimex machine yet as my back is killing me from pushing it. What did I do wrong?

2) The surround product dosent foam all that much so is it working. Mixed as instructed.

3) how long do the pads last. After 3 hours they seemed 'well used'.

4) is prevacuuming always necessary. The carpet is vacced weekly by the maintainance guy.

Thanks

AuthorReply
Shorty

Eh, cobber, what's yer name ?/

May 9 2012, 9:20 PM 

happy.gif
Michael is it ??

Mate, you'll get a lot more help and info on any forum if you put up a name that people can respond to.

But I'll be a mug and 'ave a go, wink.gif

Hi

Im totally new to encapping. Lots of experience bonnet and TM cleaning but new to encapping.

So did a commercial job today. No visual soil, glue down medium pile carpet. Used white pads and surround encap.

Try this, put a clean, thin white cloth over the vacuum inlet and vac for a minute, Check the colour of the cloth. wink.gif

Not sure what the "white pads" are, but if they are similar to floor pads , they are a polishing pad, whereas the "Beige Pads", (see below), are slightly coarser and are more of a scrub pad.

1) Im not sure if Ive got the knack of the cimex machine yet as my back is killing me from pushing it. What did I do wrong?

Set the handle at a height that is comfortable for you, this way it should be VERY easy to manouver.

One item that makes "Big Yella" a joy to use is the "Big Wheels Kit", available from Excellent Supply. ( Commission Rick wink.gif )

Make sure that the pads are lubricated before you start scrubbing, keep the pads off the deck when starting so the carpet doesn't impede the spinning. You'll also save belts this way.

(As most know, this is just FYI, I'm an older codger on the wrong side of 67, stretching to make 5'7" tall and about 16 stone, and still use my 'Mex; 6/7 days a week, took it up three flights of steps this morning for a job).

2) The surround product dosent foam all that much so is it working. Mixed as instructed.

Don't know anything at all about your product, but you should only just see a very small amount of foam. I do one run laying down solution, one run to scrub without solution.

Do a search on this forum, Rick has brilliant instructions that even the off-spring of a convict from Blighty could understand.

3) how long do the pads last. After 3 hours they seemed 'well used'.

Depends on the carpet construction. One chemist shop I clean, I'm lucky to get 2 hours out of them. Most commercial big jobs, I can run for about 8 hours, or 8 tanks of solution.

It also depends on the pads you use, Fibre Plus (Beige) or Maxi (Grey).

I find the coarser Maxi pads, while they don't last as long, do a better job, especially on grotty carpets.

4) is prevacuuming always necessary. The carpet is vacced weekly by the maintainance guy.

In my mind, vacuuming PRIOR to scrubbing is the most important part of the job.

How good a job does the maintenance guy do.??

Is he conscientious about his work, or does he just want to get in and out in the quickest possible time.??

How good is his vacuum.??

Hope this helps.

Shorty.

PS::: Whilst this information is provided in good faith, I can take no responsibility if it is not correct. happy.gif

PPS::: Rick, please correct my mistooks. wink.gif

This message has been edited by Shortwunincairns on May 9, 2012 9:23 PM

Derek

Re: Eh, cobber, what's yer name ?/

May 10 2012, 10:11 AM 

are the white pads from Excellent Supply? if not, you need to go ask the supplier you bought them from i reckon.

Surround isn't sold here, you need to go ask that supplier/manu.

your back shouldn't be sore. perhaps you didn't put enough solution down. idk what pads you used, perhaps they were the culprit.

tx --- Derek.

Rick Gelinas

Re: Eh, cobber, what's yer name ?/

May 10 2012, 9:54 PM 

As Derek mentioned - there are BIG differences in performance between different encap detergents as well as pads. Genuine FiberPlus pads are designed for carpet cleaning and contain a special binder material that helps them to hold up to carpet scrubbing. And Shorty gave EXCELLENT advice above (as he usually does). Well done Shorty! I can't improve or add to what's already been said.

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

Current Topic - First encap job
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com