This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

First time using Cimex

May 10 2012 at 7:59 PM
Dan  

Last night I cleaned 700sf using the 19" cimex ffp and DS2 form excellent supply. I did one wet pass and one dry pass for a total of (1400sf). It took me an hour. The results were excellent. The comments were, unbelievable, amazing, fabulous, the client thought they would have to replace the carpet. My question is this, to achieve the speed of 3,000sf per hour do I have to double my speed, and if so, will the results be the same? Any other tips on using the cimex would be greatly appreciated

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

Re: First time using Cimex

May 10 2012, 9:49 PM 

Hi Dan,

Sounds like you're first job was a winner! Glad to hear it went so well.

1400 sf per hour is not bad for a first time. And considering that everyone was so impressed with a carpet they expected to replace indicates the carpet was pretty soiled to start with. So you resurrected a beat carpet, on your first time out, and still averaged 1400 sf per hour - that's not bad at all.

As you continue to work with the system you'll get your moves down and it'll become second nature to you. And your speed will continue to increase.

Wet pass / dry pass is good for "normal" soil loads. With a wet pass / dry pass you'll average around 2000 sf per hour. And when you're working with lightly soiled carpet, you can make a single wet pass where you simply feather the trigger as you walk along at a moderately slow pace. In this setting you can average around 3000 sf per hour. These numbers are for "run time", not including set up, break down, getting water, taking beaks, etc.

Considering what you accomplished on your first "dirty" carpet, it sounds like you're starting out of the gate on the right foot. It'll keep getting better too. Keep up the good work happy.gif

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

This message has been edited by cimex on May 10, 2012 10:59 PM

Kevin Pearson

Re: First time using Cimex

May 11 2012, 7:30 AM 

Totally agree with Rick. Sounds like once you do some more jobs you will have it down. Great job though on the first one. The more you clean with the Cimex / Releasit combo the more you will find out what it can do and the more you will want to use it on every job.

Dan

Thanks Kevin

May 11 2012, 9:41 PM 

Thanks for your response, my first job was for a college rec room, after seeing the results they requested I clean a conference room, executive hallway, 3 class rooms, and a lab. This will give me the opportunity to use the cimex and gain some experience.

Dan

Thanks Rick

May 11 2012, 9:21 PM 

Thanks for your information, it is greatly appreciated

Mark Hart

Re: Thanks Rick

May 14 2012, 12:37 PM 

Hi Guys,

Am I missing something? 700 s/f times two passes is still 700 s/f cleaned, not 1400. The 2000 s/f per hour should be with the two passed. Last night I cleaned 864s/f in 35 minutes using two passes. If it took an hour to clean 700 s/f you were going real slow. Was there a lot of moving of furniture etc.?

Dan

Re:mark

May 14 2012, 9:23 PM 

Thanks Mark, Based on your comment I was definitively going too slow, however, we had to move a lot of furniture,etc. The carpet was badly soiled. My real question is if I had gone faster would I have achieved the same results or would I have had to even make another dry pass. You do bring up an interesting point does the 2,000 sf/hr mean distant traveled or sf cleaned. I was under the impression that it distant traveled/cleaned in one pass, multiple passes would reduce the total sf/area cleaned/hr.

Rick Gelinas

Cimex Cleaning Technique 101

May 15 2012, 8:16 AM 

Yep Mark is a math wiz happy.gif I totally missed that. I saw 1400 sq ft per hr and thought - not bad. The sq ft per hour rate is for the area cleaned. It doesn't include moving stuff, getting water, taking breaks, etc - just actual Cimex time and the area covered.

Here's a complete A-Z overview of the Cimex/Releasit process.

1. Normal Soil: The quick wet/pass & slower dry/pass method yields around 2,000 sq ft per hr, and works well for normal soil loads.

2. Light Soil: Alternatively, you can make a single slowish dry/pass feathering the trigger as you walk. This approach is good for cleaning sections of cleaner carpet and will yield around 3,000 sq ft per hour.

3. Heavy Soil: Lastly, you can make a wet/pass followed by a couple of dry/passes for cleaning very heavily soiled sections. This approach will generally yield around 1,000 sq ft per hour.

Note: On your dry/passes you can feather the trigger every couples of steps to add just a tiny amount of solution to the pads to keep them damp. ONLY on the dry/pass with the feathering of the solution will you see the slight whitening on the surface of the carpet (if you see whitening on your initial wet/pass - you're applying too much solution). In all 3 of the applications above (light, normal, heavy) you should see a "pop" immediately. You should observe "clean" carpet right away during the cleaning process.

That's all there is to it. Very simple!

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

This message has been edited by cimex on May 15, 2012 8:50 AM
This message has been edited by cimex on May 15, 2012 8:17 AM

Current Topic - First time using Cimex
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com