This message board has been upgraded to a new forum with a number of user improvements.
You are currently viewing archived posts from the original EncapBoard (2002-2012).
Please visit the NEW EncapBoard carpet cleaning forum at http://Forum.Excellent-Supply.com to join an active online community for commercial carpet cleaning.

RETURN TO INDEX  

Big Wheel's keep on Rollin

May 15 2012 at 8:10 AM
rick lord  

Bruce and I installed the Big Wheel kits we picked up at Summerfest yesterday did 3 machines in an hour. I held off getting a kit because of the comments from people that had purchased the older kits and what a pain they were to install. Well the new kits are certainly a breeze. We kept trying to make it harder than it really was.
On the first one we thought we had to bang it out (based on information from a buddy who will remain nameless but thanks Ades)and we mushroomed an end. After it wouldn't come out I reached down and could move it back and forth to the mushroomed part by hand. Sanded the end back down and pulled it right out. The other two machines we pulled out and put everything in by hand. Can't wait to use it tomorrow night on a job. Certainly rolled back to our vehicles easier.
Nice job on the new kits Rick thanks.

AuthorReply

Rick Gelinas

What's comes in the NEW big Boy Wheel Kits

May 15 2012, 8:28 AM 

You're very welcome Rick! It was awesome to see you at Summerfest.

As Rick noted in the latest version of the Big Boy Wheel Kits we are including a new T-Piece. The T-Piece is at the base of the adjusting rod. And the T-Piece can build up some corrosion between the T-Piece and the stock zinc plated axle. By providing a new T-Piece - the old one can be discarded without having to try to salvage it. We decided to add a brand new OEM T -Piece to each Big Boy Wheel Kit in order to make it easier for guys to install the new axle and wheel kit to an older machine that has an axle that may have some corrosion.

One of the problems with corrosion between the stock axle and the T-Piece is that it can begin to bind over the course of time. Then as you raise and lower the handle of the machine the adjusting rod can flex and eventually snap in half. This condition can occur over time as a result of the corrosion between the stock T-Piece and the standard zinc plated axle.

By the way the new replacement Big Boy Wheel kits come with a STAINLESS STEEL axle which is a big improvement over the stock zinc plated axle. It comes with a new aluminum T-Piece. Also the Big Boy Wheels are 10" rather than 7". And the wheels have pressed bearings, whereas the stock wheels have no bearings. So when you consider the entire package - the Big Boy Wheel Kit is a "Big" improvement.

Enjoy your new wheel kits Rick!

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

encap-clean-ds2.jpegbio-encap.jpeg

This message has been edited by cimex on May 15, 2012 10:19 PM
This message has been edited by cimex on May 15, 2012 8:40 AM
This message has been edited by cimex on May 15, 2012 8:36 AM

ades gros

Re: What's comes in the NEW big Boy Wheel Kits

May 15 2012, 6:32 PM 

Oh so my new (old ) big wheel kit is already outdated man Rick L always gets the good stuff. I told you to use a brass hammer. Glad it went EASY for you. You will really like them wheels.

happy.gif

Carpet Cleaning Wilson North Carolina

Rick Gelinas

May 15 2012, 8:59 PM 

Hey Ades... The only thing we've added to the newer kits is the aluminum T-Piece. So you're still in good shape my friend. happy.gif

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

ades gros

May 15 2012, 10:07 PM 

I know Rick i'm just ragging on Rick Lord. I'm glad ya'll gave him a kit for mechanical impaired. He butt dialed tonight i answered by saying yea i know you got all 3 sets on and no response then i heard the dog bark so i keep on talking, and finally he said hello he said did you read my post on the board.

Carpet Cleaning Wilson North Carolina

Rick Gelinas

May 15 2012, 10:17 PM 

That's some funny stuff. LOL

Rick Gelinas

encapman.gif

Current Topic - Big Wheel's keep on Rollin
RETURN TO INDEX  
EncapBoard Guidelines: 
This forum has been provided by Excellent Supply Inc for sharing information about encapsulation cleaning technology and the business of commercial carpet cleaning.  
Excellent Supply Inc and its agents assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information displayed on this message board. You alone are responsible for any repercussions resulting from information posted here. Content posted on this message board may be used or published by Excellent Supply Inc. 
(1) Unauthorized advertising, promotion of rival products/brands, or listing items for sale without consent will not be permitted. 
(2) No profane, vulgar or abusive speech will be tolerated. Your privilege of posting may be blocked if you flame, use profanity, or are disrespectful. 
(3) We reserve the right to delete any post and block any  individual that we feel is inappropriate. 
(4) This forum is politically and religiously neutral, so please avoid discussing those subjects here.
(5) Maintain a good sense of humor! But keep it clean.
You are a guest here so we invite you to please post respectfully. Enjoy!

Cimex + Releasit = RESULTS
www.Excellent-Supply.com