Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit

Full Version: Having fun with my new Cimex!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=24]I cleaned 4000 sq feet two nights ago, did another 4000 last night and I've got one more go around of 4000 to do tonight. There is a learning curve - thankfully it's not too steep! Cool

Things I learned from my first night of heavy use - every pass you make does not have to be too dry to begin with and too wet at its end! It just seemed that way!

Also, I'm not using more prespray than before, it's just that I'm cleaning more area than before per night (about double!).

Definitely still a newb, but I'm enjoying the results and the productivity increase!
congrats Jeff!

i zoomed in on that pic and wonder: is the Motor on top of the base a couple inches taller than the older Motors?
I think you're right about the motor height - I think that's why they didn't put the old motor cover on - no room left with the new motor. Seems to work just great without the cover!
Very nice size jobs to break you in. :-), now you will start to live and learn, congrats; mate.

Be extra careful sitting the head on the carpet like that if you have just stopped.

Any solution can seep through the pads leaving three round circles on the carpet which WILL DRY THAT WAY.

I ALWAYS carry a towel with me that I can fold and place on the carpet, then tilt the head up, and then place that on the towel to catch any extra solution.

The towel is also handy for when you get to a hard floor, you can instantly wipe away any over-spray/splashes.

Just a hint.

S-1
Great job!

Looks like commercial work is keeping you busy!
After a few jobs the Cimex becomes very second nature. Enjoy your new baby!!!
What I like about my new Cimex is the quiet steady motor, the solution tank and how it allows you to use all the solution not leaving about a half gallon in the bottom of tank like the older ones. Also the pretty blue motor LOOKS good too. I look forward to trying the new DS2 WITH THE NEW MEX.

Jeffery I truly recommend getting a Kodiak Cord to replace the original.
(12-02-2012, 02:52 AM)Kleen O green Wrote: [ -> ]What I like about my new Cimex is the quiet steady motor, the solution tank and how it allows you to use all the solution not leaving about a half gallon in the bottom of tank like the older ones. Also the pretty blue motor LOOKS good too. I look forward to trying the new DS2 WITH THE NEW MEX.

What's the benefit of the Kodiak Cord?
(12-16-2012, 09:40 PM)CleaningConcierge Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2012, 02:52 AM)Kleen O green Wrote: [ -> ]What I like about my new Cimex is the quiet steady motor, the solution tank and how it allows you to use all the solution not leaving about a half gallon in the bottom of tank like the older ones. Also the pretty blue motor LOOKS good too. I look forward to trying the new DS2 WITH THE NEW MEX.

What's the benefit of the Kodiak Cord?

The Kodiak Cord is simply a heavier duty cord for the Cimex. It's something we came up with here at Excellent SUpply to provide a better cord when the time comes for a replacement. The Kodiak cord is quite a bit beefier than the stock cord. It's very flexible too. And it meets all safety standards.

But if you don't NEED a new cord right now, don't bother replacing your existing cord. Your stock cord will work just fine.
Thanks for the response.