Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit

Full Version: Fiber plus pads tor orbiter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking of starting to use fiber plus pads for residential carpet cleaning instead to microfiber on my orbiter machine. One thing I noticed is the larger fiber pads do not seem to wear as well on the orbiter as the smaller ones do on the cimex? Am I just trying to make things to easier and simpler by not having to worry about changing and washing pads constantly or as with commercial carpet there is not much the fiber pads won't handle. Thanks!
You're correct. Pads wear out much faster on an orbital machine. Those 1725 oscillations per minute can mutilate your pads and bonnets. Bonnets of all types will start to fray under the aggressive scrubbing of an orbital, and pads will tyically deconstruct even faster. By comparison a Cimex or a rotary machine won't wear through pads or bonnets as quickly.
It's hard to beat a MicroGlide Pro for residential. These bonnets clean amazingly well. Microfiber is a superior cleaning material. Microfiber cleans more efficiently than other types of fiber and can even use less detergent to accomplish the task. And the MG Pro is gentle enough to not damage softer carpets. It would be my go to bonnet for residential 100% of the time.

Read about how microfiber is unique for cleaning here...  http://www.explainthatstuff.com/microfibercloths.html

[Image: microglide-pro-full.jpg]