Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit

Full Version: POLL Low Moisture for Residential
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please let us know what you think... Low moisture for residential? Yes? No? Maybe?
It has always been my choice and works out good. Only need HWE for pet problems
or real filthy carpets that have turned into mud.
Depends on soil level and types of soil. I tend not to for pets but sometimes if the dog is small and the staining isn’t heavy. But I maintenance clean with vlm all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been straight VLM for ten years on commercial or residential.
My residential customer prefer low moisture cleaning. Fast drying times. No wick backs. On some heavy spots or urine i use my litle spotting machine.
Why is "I use VLM for ALL my residential cleaning" not an option.....I'm only been doing it that way for 24 years!
I use it as a primary on commercial but secondary on residential. Unless it's a restaurant then I use HWE with a TM.

Using a CRB before using a OP makes a big difference on residential. Just a OP or 175 on residential is not good enough on most jobs, in my opinion. I also use a CRB on most jobs when doing HWE with a TM. A CRB is a must have in my opinion, especially for residential work.

I use a CRB and then a Challenger or Orbot for VLM on residential. I use a Whittaker Trio or Orbot SprayBorg for VLM on commercial.

I do want to start using VLM more often this year on residential.
I've used CIMEX at my house on mini-shag/plush with some change in fiber appearance, vs. HWE with Hoss 700 - - even with brushes, more so with pads. I use CIMEX with pads exclusively on berber and/or other loop carpet. CIMEX on long plush with brushes but you have to ease into it - - it'll stall the CIMEX. Uncomfortable running CIMEX on loose piles/shage. Could use a primer.
MSI, I agree with you. The pads on the Cimex may be too much for some residential carpet. If you're wanting to try using a Cimex for residential, you'd probably want to go with the soft 4807 brush set on your Cimex. The 4807 brushes won't have as much grip/pull on the fiber, and they're soft enough for most residential carpet... https://www.excellent-supply.com/4807P-S..._p_24.html
I don't do very much residential. However, when I do I think low moisture first and then HWE.

(01-31-2018, 08:17 AM)encapman Wrote: [ -> ]Please let us know what you think... Low moisture for residential? Yes? No? Maybe?