Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit

Full Version: Targeting Janitorial Contractors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many of you guys target janitorial contractors as customers for your commercial carpet cleaning business? If so, what has been your most effective method of reaching and communicating with them? Do you offer to pay them a commission for any jobs they sub to you? What is your overall success rate in attracting them?

We currently do business with 2 janitorial contractors but they basically fell into our lap. We want to do more to promote our business to these folks.
I am interested in seeing responses to this question also, I had exactly the same thought. Its a great idea I think. I have recently had a cleaner tell me that whilst cleaning commercial offices etc, they have been asked if they do carpets also. Whether they sub the work out to us, or simply hand our cards out, its all money in the bank.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts......
The best way, in my opinion, would be to reach out and contact the janitors. If they will hire you as a sub, then offer them a discounted rate for services. This is the most common method. Yes, you could offer a referral fee or commission for those that do not sub.

Just find out what their policy is and adjust your terms on a case by case basis.

On a side note, do you have a lot of janitorial companies that don't offer floor care? In Las Vegas virtually every janitor cleans carpet (nowadays at least) and virtually every commercial carpet cleaner offers janitorial.

I guess things really are different in each market.
great thread. i have had a lot of jan/san conrtactors ask for our card while we are CC'ing the offices they service...none have ever called me.

over the years i've googled our local jan/san companies and last year 1 finally bit. i had sub'ed a small T&G job to him years ago so knew his name at least. we worked it out so that i would refer him to any of my clients for janitorial work, if he would refer me for any CC'ing requests from his clients. i even will pay him 10% of the 1st CC'ing. i referred him to a decent sized client (20k sq.ft. facility) we had just picked up, but he never called the owner back lol. then he used me one time a week later for a small (minimum charge) client of his. we haven't spoken since. i should call him i reckon!

i generally dislike any type of these deals, i prefer to find clients on my own. then no problems can arise. but maybe i am just paranoid...i need to consider this again. tx for the thread BRFC!