Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit
Haven't tried Encap-Spot? You should. - Printable Version

+- Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit (https://forum.excellent-supply.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Home (https://forum.excellent-supply.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION (https://forum.excellent-supply.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Haven't tried Encap-Spot? You should. (/showthread.php?tid=1483)

Haven't tried Encap-Spot? You should. - Act One Cleaning - 05-19-2015

Rick, I tried to put this on the review page, but somehow got booted by the code word.  So this is for all yall on the forum:

Yesterday I found myself trying to clean some black, sticky duct tape residue from a carpet,  everyone KNOWS how stubborn those lines are, right?  After cleaning the area, I first tried Punch, which helped, but wasn't enough.  If Punch won't do it, you have a problem!  

So I got out my brand new quart of Encap-Spot and sprinkled the lines.  Brushing the Encap-spot in with the edger brush (also sold here by Excellent Supply), the Encap-Spot blew those lines to Kingdom Come!  Wow! The lines just melted away and the job was complete. I happen to know the customer had tried to clean them and hated those marks on his carpet, so this really mattered.

So okay, now I know and now you do, too.  Encap-Spot has just become my Ace in the hole.  Buy some.  Order it now, before you encounter that next frustration.
Buy it!

RE: Haven't tried Encap-Spot? You should. - encapman - 05-19-2015

Thanks for the feedback on Encap-Spot Stephen. That's pretty amazing that you were able to get rid of old duct tape adhesive residue with Encap-Spot. Way to go! Encap-Spot continues to blow us away with what it can accomplish. My personal favorite attribute of Encap-Spot is that it doesn't need to be rinsed - pretty cool feature! :-)

Keep up the good work.

RE: Haven't tried Encap-Spot? You should. - Lounge Lizards - 05-19-2015

Sad  We can't buy this down under.  Angry

You people SURE DO live in the lucky country. Wink

Sad

AW: RE: Haven't tried Encap-Spot? You should. - Bernd - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 04:45 PM)Lounge Lizards Wrote: Sad  We can't buy this down under.  Angry

You people SURE DO live in the lucky country. Wink

Sad

Even i have itBig Grin...and i live in germany... But i got it from United Kingdom. Works good.

RE: Haven't tried Encap-Spot? You should. - Act One Cleaning - 05-29-2015

Oops, bad news. Had a call yesterday from the customer to say that the tape lines are coming back. Crumbs!
Well the only explanation is that I must have cleaned the dirt without getting the adhesive out of the carpet fiber. Now I'm thinking a solvent would work, followed by an encap product to remove the residues. Any suggestions from you old hands? Alcohol? Mineral spirits? A dilimonene cleaner? I'm going back down next Thursday. This like any problem, is a great opportunity to build goodwill, but I'd also like to get the job completely done!

Haven't tried Encap-Spot? You should. - Jarrod - 05-29-2015

In guessing from other posts you have a crb. I would start carrying the compound that excellent supply sells. It's very affordable and is great at pulling this kind of stuff from the carpet. Sprinkle the compound over the lines. Crb the areas really well. Put collection trays on. And pull the compound out with the crb. Then repeat. I have removed some stubborn problems this way. I try to avoid using chemicals that may cause other issues. Stuff sticks to the compound and it is another way to deal with stubborn carpet issues.