Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit
Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - Printable Version

+- Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit (https://forum.excellent-supply.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Home (https://forum.excellent-supply.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION (https://forum.excellent-supply.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Solution won't shut off (sometimes). (/showthread.php?tid=23)

Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - KennyWright - 06-20-2012

I did a little 3000+ sqft. encap job today and made quick and easy money from happy customers but noticed a problem. More often than not, when I release the solution handle the DS was still coming out a little less than half as fast as wide open.

What do I need, a new spring or something else? I'm ready to place an order but I will wait to hear from the Cimex gurus. Also Rick, please put the Red 1 on the website spotters, thanks.

RE: Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - Shorty - 06-20-2012

Did you check your solution tank and solution line for a blockage. ??

Released the three (3) plastic inserts and flushed the pipes.??

Also, the tank may have moved ever so slightly which does not give the release cable enough action to open fully.

Shorty.

RE: Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - encapman - 06-20-2012

As Shorty mentioned above, it may be that the tank has become loosened. If that occurs, the pinch valve may not work properly. Sometimes the tank can be banged or bumped and it'll loosen it up. Look to see if the tank appears loose. If so, that's likely the culprit.

Here's a simple fix if your tank is loose...

1. Remove the bracket from the handle.
2. Cut a section of bicycle inner tube rubber.
3. Place the rubber under the bracket.
4. Press downward on the tank as you retighten the bracket.

The addition of the rubber inner tube material will keep the tank seated properly and the pinch valve will work properly. And if by chance the pinch valve is malfunctioning, we have them in stock and can get one sent out to you.

RE: Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - KennyWright - 06-20-2012

Thanks, I'll try the suggestions you both offered. The tank is loose.

RE: Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - sdills62 - 06-22-2012

I had a similar problem. I ordered a new spring and in the process of replacing it discovered the real problem. The blue plunger that clamps the hose shut is threaded. The wire that connects to the plunger is threaded AND adjustable. When my plunger was "mashing" the hose in the off position the wire was very taught. There was no play in the solution lever. By screwing the wire out to make it longer allowed it to completely close the hose. My solution lever now has some play in it when closed indicating the plunger is completely closed. Basically the plunger would not mash the hose flat because the assembly is not long enough. The fuller the tank the faster it ran out. Make the wire a little longer by unscrewing it around 1/8" allows everything to work correctly. I fought this problem for 2 years and once corrected the flow to the pads is under my control not gravity and load of solution in the tank. If you have no slack in your solution lever i'll bet this will fix your problem.

RE: Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - KennyWright - 06-26-2012

When I tightened the tank with a piece of rubber the wire (that was too tight) loosened up. Everything seems to work fine now. Thanks for the help.

RE: Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - KennyWright - 08-15-2012

Ok the tank is still tight but I'm leaking solution again. Sdills62, did you unscrew the wire or the plunger?

RE: Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - encapman - 08-15-2012

If that's the problem, unscrew the wire from the plunger. A couple of turns is all it takes.

RE: Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - KennyWright - 08-16-2012

Thanks, I'll do it.

RE: Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - prodrying - 08-17-2012

Ok I got one of my machines that leaks a little tiny bit and I am going to unscrew the bar and fix it. Thanks for the tips guys.

RE: Solution won't shut off (sometimes). - Hammack - 09-25-2012

I've witnessed this issue as also being an operator error problem.

Watch that electrical cord wrapping accross the long trigger wire to the valve - pulling the wire tight just enough to allow the solution to flow. Has happened to me many times when working like a maniac.