Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit
Cimex solution tank problem - Printable Version

+- Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit (https://forum.excellent-supply.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Home (https://forum.excellent-supply.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION (https://forum.excellent-supply.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cimex solution tank problem (/showthread.php?tid=3184)

Cimex solution tank problem - Lounge Lizards - 01-26-2020

With the later model solution tank, Houston, I have a problem.

The brass valve that is inserted into the base of the tank, becomes very thin over time.

This then starts to leak as it is cracking finely.

When trying to undue the Shut-off valve, the brass piece finally broke.

I then had to replace the shut-off valve also, as the brass threads were jammed inside.

I was able to squeeze the brass down with my fingers, that’s how thin it got.

LUCKILY, I had a spare tank as it’s IMPOSSIBLE to remove the threaded brass from inside the solution tank.

Glued into the base of the tank is a hex; nut.

The brass “valve”, which is basically a hollow brass pipe which is threaded on the exterior.

This screws into the hex; nut & appears to have been glued in with some substance.

Trying to remove the “valve” will result in more crushing of said “valve”, thereby making a complete tank replacement necessary.

There are then two more hex; nuts screwed onto onto this before it is screwed into the shut-off valve.

I never had this problem with my originCimex tank, only the Trevox  tank.

Any solution??

Shorty

[Image: 08-E90959-AD30-48-E5-9-D01-A06084983294.jpg]

[Image: 5366-D9-A0-04-A4-4996-B4-AB-B381-CA2-E5400.jpg]

RE: Cimex solution tank problem - encapman - 01-29-2020

Hey Shorty

I think the only safe approach would be to NOT mess with the (now damaged) threaded pipe extending out of the tank. You may be opening pandora's box. Instead, I'd recommend slipping a hose over the threaded pipe, fastening it with a hose clamp. Then a couple of inches down the hose, you could install a new mid-hose ball valve if you'd like.

RE: Cimex solution tank problem - Lounge Lizards - 01-29-2020

(01-29-2020, 08:45 AM)encapman Wrote: Hey Shorty

I think the only safe approach would be to NOT mess with the (now damaged) threaded pipe extending out of the tank. You may be opening pandora's box. Instead, I'd recommend slipping a hose over the threaded pipe, fastening it with a hose clamp. Then a couple of inches down the hose, you could install a new mid-hose ball valve if you'd like.

Thanks Rick, good idea.

I have replaced all back on again with liberal amounts of thread sealant & it's no longer leaking.

At the moment.

Not working today due to very heavy rain, so I'll see if I can get some tubing as suggested.

Glad someone still thinks in inches, not mm.  Wink Blush 

Cheers,

Cool

RE: Cimex solution tank problem - encapman - 02-02-2020

Glad to help. I think this trick should keep Old Yeller running.