Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit
Why you need a CRB.... - Printable Version

+- Encapsulation carpet cleaning and commercial carpet care forum by Excellent-Supply.com & Releasit (https://forum.excellent-supply.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Home (https://forum.excellent-supply.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION (https://forum.excellent-supply.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Why you need a CRB.... (/showthread.php?tid=959)

Why you need a CRB.... - TheCleaningDude - 02-28-2014

I just made a reply to a thread in the Photo Contest section regarding my experience using the BrushEncap machine.

This might be the second time I've posted this clip in the General section, if so I apologize. But, I feel obligated to let you all know how important a CRB is to a low moisture program for residential. Actually, it's just as beneficial to HWE, but with VLM it's a 1-2 punch like no other.

The BrushEncap adds so much to your process that the need for a 'top tier' OP machine is reduced, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love my Orbots, total workhorses. However, if I were doing it all over again it would be a Vario, BrushEncap and a good vacuum.

RE: Why you need a CRB.... - encapman - 02-28-2014

That's impressive. Thanks for sharing that.

RE: Why you need a CRB.... - Dave Lyall - 03-02-2014

Thanks CleaningDude,
That was a ton of extra gunk you pulled from the carpet! Is that typical on most carpets even post vacuuming? Or was this an extreme example?

Thanks again,
Dave

RE: Why you need a CRB.... - lee@deepclean.us.com - 03-02-2014

I purchased a used pile brush about one year ago. It has been a great tool for commercial and residential. It really helps get great results when you are VLM only like me!

Lee

RE: Why you need a CRB.... - Shorty - 03-02-2014

I'm a tad embarrassed here. Blush

I've had my CRB for several years now & not once used it on dry carpet to pull out what several guys have said.

I have a Hako Wizzard, a cheaper Chinese (?) knock-off.

http://www.hakoaustralia.com.au/images/products/6494fc90ec5aac7c1c33fa0561307ab8.jpg

It has served me well for what I bought it for, cleaning Flotex.

Only problem I have found is the hopper is quiet small and wet solids get caught on top of the rubberized roller where it sits against the hopper.

This necessitates cleaning off every time the hopper is emptied.

I guess the only way I'll find out if it does a good job on dry carpet is to try it. Huh

Unless someone else has a similar one and can tell me Big Grin

Short 1

RE: Why you need a CRB.... - Enge - 03-03-2014

This appears to look similar to a Duplex machine. I usually only put the rollers on when doing tile and grout cleaning. This it picks us the excess moisture. When cleaning carpet I leave the rollers off and let the machine spit the crud out on the carpet and pick it up after as there is no renovator on the Duplex. I never ran it on dry carpet and I've always been afraid to ruin the carpet.

RE: Why you need a CRB.... - TheCleaningDude - 03-04-2014

It's typical if they have pets and/or more than one female in the home.

This is a nice home by the way and the customer does vacuum. It's incredible really.

In fact, this is what I pulled out of my own carpet when I first ran the CRB (yes, I do vacuum regularly, LOL):

Vacuum:

[Image: 2013-07-07191619_zps8293a56e.jpg]

CRB....look at what's pulled out as compared to the vacuum - hair, grit, etc.:

[Image: 2013-07-07183615_zpsfab9c617.jpg]

(03-02-2014, 01:57 PM)Dave Lyall Wrote: Thanks CleaningDude,
That was a ton of extra gunk you pulled from the carpet! Is that typical on most carpets even post vacuuming? Or was this an extreme example?

Thanks again,
Dave

Yes.

You do need to be careful in regards to the brushes. I have a medium and firm set. Eventually I will get soft brushes as well.

(03-03-2014, 09:55 AM)Enge Wrote: This appears to look similar to a Duplex machine. I usually only put the rollers on when doing tile and grout cleaning. This it picks us the excess moisture. When cleaning carpet I leave the rollers off and let the machine spit the crud out on the carpet and pick it up after as there is no renovator on the Duplex. I never ran it on dry carpet and I've always been afraid to ruin the carpet.

RE: Why you need a CRB.... - Jarrod - 03-04-2014

I love my CRB. The results are simply amazing. Customers are wowed by what comes out of the carpet. In fact the carpets sometimes look great even before the encap process begins. I won a hotel job with just a CRB demo. They had never seen a CRB and were simply amazed at what the results it achieved. I am excited with the tandem feature. I plan on buying another with a tandem bar. Doing demos with this machine gives immediate results that helps win more customers.

RE: Why you need a CRB.... - Hoss - 03-07-2014

Is there a good way to make the white bristles white again without diminishing their lifespan?

Why you need a CRB.... - encapman - 03-07-2014

Not that I have found. The brushes turn gray with usage. I've never heard of a way to bring 'em back to white again.

RE: Why you need a CRB.... - TheCleaningDude - 03-08-2014

I will let them soak in a bucket with a splash of Odorcide.

Seems to help quite a bit. The only problem I run into is actually removing debris from the brushes. I know most will run the machine on a remnant, but every time I try this the carpet is gobbled up. Instead I just run it on wet concrete for about 30 seconds.

Not good for the brushes, but they do get clean. After that I soak them like I mentioned in the beginning.

[Image: CAM00142_zpsa2ce9f40.jpg]

(03-07-2014, 08:13 AM)Hoss Wrote: Is there a good way to make the white bristles white again without diminishing their lifespan?