• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drying Time?
I cleaned a theater lobby and hall. I placed an air mover to speed drying. An hour later the carpet was still not dry... I was concerned because they were opening in another hour - but instructions say it's OK to walk on it even while wet... It looked OK the next day. How long is it supposed to take to dry?

I am pre-spraying with DS and then releasing Bio-Encap until it turns white, then doing a second pass. It is more wet than when I use my truck mount. What am I doing wrong?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
What sprayer are you using ?? Sounds like you are applying too much chemical.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Sounds like you're applying too much solution. Here's how to do it...
  • Any pre-sraying should be limited to the traffic areas. Avoid "wetting out" the carpet.
  • With the Cimex - make 1 wet-pass, followed by a dry-pass.
  • The wet-pass is moderately quick, and the dry-pass is fairly slow.
  • On the "dry-pass" you can feather the trigger ever so lightly, to keep the pads slightly damp.
  • A very faint whitening of the surface will begin to appear on the surface during slow dry-pass.
This will limit your moisture, and the carpet will usually dry in under 2 hours. With a fan it's even quicker.
I am using the Penguin sprayer, and I am going through 5 gallons an hour from the tank on the Cimex. On the wet pass I am going slow because it seems to not turn white for a few seconds. then I start moving forward and by the end of the pass its foamy... Probably too much. I'll try applying less tomorrow.

Thanks for the help
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Nope. There's your problem. A slow wet-pass will put down way too much solution!

QUICK wet-pass. Then a slow dry-pass. The whitening occurs on the 2nd pass. There's no whitening on the initial wet-pass.

Try it like that, and you should notice a big improvement. Smile