• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Releasit. What one for residential carpets
I am now thinking of trying releasit but notice there are a few different types. Can someone explain the difference between them and what ones are best for particular situations in residential situations.

I would ideally like an encap that breaks down dirt but also removes browning stains from carpet as this is common in many of the jobs I have. I would like one with an oxygenator as it helps make the carpet shine a bit more after cleaning.

Kind regards
James
Encap-HydrOx will fit your needs nicely! Look no further. Smile
Thanks for the reply. Is it woolsafe and is it safe to use on upholstery. Does it have a built in deodoriser to leave carpets smelling nice?

thanks
james
Hello, I regularly use Excellent Supply products on residential. I would not recommend Hydrox on wool. It is great on upholstery as long as it's made of synthetic fibers. In general, don't use Hydrox on any natural fibers. Hydrox has a very nice smell on its own and the peroxide is a natural deodorizer, but you can always add something like Odorcide if your customer wants extra deodorization.

For wool, DS2 is the best product to use. 
True, hydrogen peroxide isn't recommended for wool.

However Encap-HydrOx will work great on everything else for residential carpet cleaning. And since wool comprises a minuscule segment of the carpet fiber in the US, Encap-HydrOx would work well as a go to product fro pretty much all of the carpet a person may encounter. There is one exception though, on very dark shades of carpet (again not extremely popular) the white-ish polymer in Encap-HydrOx may possibly leave a slight white residue. But again, that's not very likely to happen with what you'll likely encounter with most residential carpet.
Why is in not recommended for wool carpets. I was hoping to get an encap that does all carpets. I never pre test the fibre im cleaning and with hwe cleaning I only use woolsafe products for everything.
Hydrogen peroxide can damage the cuticle of wool fiber. It's animal hair, so it can be damaged.

Are you in the United States? If so, you're not likely going to encounter wool. If you're in Australia or New Zealand it would be different. But in America wool is simply not on the map anymore. If you think there's a remote possibility that it's wool (for example you're cleaning for an uber-rich doctor or lawyer) you could always do a quick and simple fiber ID test. It's very easy to do. Simply burn a snip of fiber. If it smells like burning hair (stinks) it's wool. If it doesn't smell like burning hair - it's not wool.

Encap-HydrOx will serve you very well, all day long, for 99.9% of everything you're likely to ever come across. And having 1 gallon of Encap-Clean DS2 on the truck (for the once every 10 year possible encounter with wool) is always an option too. Smile
Rick's comment regarding encountering wool only in very-high end residential has proven true for us. On average we clean about 5 wall-to-wall wool berber carpet jobs per month in a very elite gated community. It's a pain in the butt because it greatly limits the cleaning detergents and spotters we can use. 
Cleaning 5 a month. Wow! I wouldn't have expected a percentage that high at all!.
Sounds like you've landed a very upscale community. Keep up the good work. Smile
I am based in the Uk so many people have wool carpets. Is there an encap that I I can use on everything so I don't need to pre test?
Encap-Clean DS2 is wool friendly. We have a lot of guys who use it for wool rug washing.
Gentle enough for a $10,000 oriental rug, yet tough enough to blast through a greasy restaurant carpet!
So can I clean everything with DS2. How does it compare to The Releasit Basic.

Also another question I would like to ask . Is PH important with encap and in what situations would a higher ph or lower ph encap be selected. I have been using Surround ultra high ph and dynamall low ph and find that surround ultra is better for dirty carpets. Is this because of it being a higher ph?
Cookie, to start with I would suggest you buy a case of four:

1 gallon HydOx.
1 gallon Punch (use for nasty and oily)
2 gallons DS2

These three product will get you through almost any scenario. As you use them, you'll quickly see what works and when.

I also suggest going back through tons of postings, they will really help. Finally, don't hesitate to call ES for advice, it is good and comes in large doses. Shoot, if you want, call or message me and I'll try my miserable best to help. We're all riding the same rock around the sun, hahaha!
With Respect,
Stephen
which one is stronger between punch and hydox? do you have to have both of them?
Well, yes. Punch will get you through most any soil, leaves a polymer protectant and is a bit more expensive than DS2 to use because of its dilution ratio. It makes an outstanding spotter, and I leave a mixed spray bottle behind for customers.
HyDrox is unbeatable for browning and organic stains. It does not leave a polymer protectant but is an amazing brightener and will absolutely amaze your customers. DS2 is the all-purpose goto and is powerful, economical and dependable. Don't be cheap. Measure, don't glug; it will be utterly predictable and you will quickly learn how to step up the ration if needed. Always mix over a sink, not the carpet. Good luck!
With Respect,
Stephen