• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaking tank?
I noticed today that the tank is leaking right where the bracket is that hold it in place.
It is called the lower solution tank bracket.

Fixes??

Thanks
Is this on a cimex? Mine was leaking there the insulator had came out or worn. I was able to do a with some rubber and washer's . It's not a new tank but it doesn't leak. I don't know how bad it is , or if you can fix it. But it is worth a try
I doubt that you could patch it, I've never heard of that working. The only bulletproof option is to get a new tank. I wish there was another option, but a new tank is probably going to be the way to go. Here's a link to the new tank... http://excellent-supply.com/Replacement-...p_155.html
(05-08-2016, 09:57 PM)encapman Wrote: I doubt that you could patch it, I've never heard of that working. The only bulletproof  option is to get a new tank. I wish there was another option, but a new tank is probably going to be the way to go. Here's a link to the new tank... http://excellent-supply.com/Replacement-...p_155.html

I concur with what Rick said.

I've had a couple of tanks welded (plastic), glued & other methods.

None were a success.

I bit the bullet & bought new ones.

I believe that this problem could be removed, IF the manufacturer would INSIST on a FULL WIDTH metal plate supporting the entire width of the solution tank.

IF it was one inch less than the width & from front to rear, this would fully support the tank with no problems & place much less stress on the solution tank on that tiny piece of supporting steel.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
That's an interesting idea about a wider tank bracket Shorty. I can suggest it to Cimex.

A user tip that we like to suggest too, is to try to avoid bumping or grabbing the tank. Some guys will hoist the machine into their van. But it's a better idea to use a ramp instead. Invariably the tank will get yanked when the machine gets lifted. And try to avoid banging the tank around. If the tank is handled with care, and a ramp is always used to load the Cimex, the tank will normally last many years with no problem.

Another thing to watch is the upper tank bracket. If that gets bent or loosens over time, the tank will become wiggly and sloppy. When that occurs, the lower tank bracket at the point where it connects to the tank itself can fail and a leak can develop. Now if the tank starts to get loose and begins to wobble around, it's an easy thing to fix... Simply remove the upper tank bracket. Fold up a strip of bicycle inner tube rubber from a 27" / 700C inner tube. Place the rubber strip underneath the upper tank bracket and replace the bracket. Another option is to drill a hole through the upper tank bracket into the handle - and then run a self-tapping sheet metal screw thorough the bracket to secure it to the handle. Either option will work. Maintaining a tight upper tank bracket will prevent the tank from rocking or wobbling around, and that will normally prevent a failure at the bottom of the tank.

The tank itself will seldom ever fail on its own. Protecting the tank by avoiding lifting the machine and by being careful not to bang the tank can help extend its life. And that upper tank bracket tweak will also help to keep the tank secure. I hope these suggestions will help all of you! Smile
I had a similar issue with some tank leaking. I was able to patch the problem with a special rubber insulation tape I had for car tires (sorry, I'm not good with car therms). Unfortunately it was only a temporary solution and I still had to replace the tank. This is why you should be very careful on purchase and pick a machine with the least parts and attachments. The less you have to assemble, the better.
  Reply   Purge Spammer