• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You clean for appearance only or for a healthly indoor environment
What is your position on this matter.
80% of our business is resi. for the past 20 years ive been using Procyon products which are green seal approved. Weve made a concerted effort to find the safest products that clean the best. With Procyon and our Butler we have accomplished both. I'm not sure I would want small children rolling around a freshly encapped carpet. Just my opinion.
yea we clean for both.

our thorough pre-vac alone increases IAQ. we empty from the Dyson's dust cup 10-20 pounds of debris/soil/sand/salt/etc... from some of our projects.
This subjet has been brought up before. John G. has tests on this factor mainly using an orbotal machine. Pre vac then scub then extract with dry pads and some post vac.
I have been a die hard tm cleaner for 19 years and now offering vlm cleaning using encap products and feel they both do a great job. Theres been some major players in the vlm field for a long time ( chemdry ) Heavens best) and more.
Residue is left by either method but like the fact of encap left over residue acts like a protectant. Last year offering a no scent cleaner really helped our closing of jobs either hot water or vlm and was using procyon now using soils& oils pre spray and encap and both are EPA certified and feel they clean better imo.
Go to bonnet pro site and you can see encap under a heavy duty microscope of the very little encap residue. Peter B.
and i use release it d2
I like to clean for health but it's kinda ironic how many customers say use whatever you have to and get it clean as if they could care less of what your using. That's where we have to make the right decision as professionals for health and safety. I've used some cleaning products that were green, non toxic, etc and was not happy with results. It hasn't been until the last couple years I have felt confident with green results. I'm very impressed with Releasit bio encap. It is going to be my go to product for residential and schools.
I have thought about the remaining encap product in the carpet but I believe that out weights the risk of HWE with extended dry times and residue left from cleaning.
And for what it's worth if I'm inhaling and handling cleaning products I would like to not put myself in danger.
Obviously the clean and green indoor environment is essential. I used the services of www.oxifresh.com and they did a commendable job. they cleaned the carpets properly and did not charged much. On the top of it they are environment friendly company. there is no odor of chemicals and the carpet got dried in 1 hour.
I've never had someone ask, "My indoor environment is dirty, can you clean it?" Its my experience, at the end of the day, the carpet LOOKS dirty, or the carpet SMELLS bad, "can you fix it?"

I worked up a great presentation to share with customers to educate them on what I would be doing and how it works. I generally got a blank, "I'm listening to be nice, but I don't really care," look, and it ended with ,"how long till its dry and I can walk on it?"

Us carpet cleaning guys really exaggerate the hwe vs vlm vs encap vs sponges vs etc. The customers?....not so much.
All methods of carpet cleaning, properly performed, accomplishes both... Appearance and Health.
Is carpet ever truly 'clean'?

How long does it stay 'clean'?
Here at www.oxifresh.com the carpets are carefully cleaned and we make sure that the carpets are cleaned all the way till padding. You need the next cleaning after 3-4 months depending on the traffic.
(03-29-2013, 08:21 AM)OxyCleaner Wrote: Here at www.oxifresh.com the carpets are carefully cleaned and we make sure that the carpets are cleaned all the way till padding. You need the next cleaning after 3-4 months depending on the traffic.

Using a CRB only, you need a fancy sales pitch and a highly populated area.
I've always thought appearance was just the benefit of properly cleaning the carpet for health.

As mentioned above, I've often tried to impart knowledge only to get a blank stare - then I'd stop mid-sentence and say, "you don't really care, do you? You just want it cleaned."

They always say, "yep." At which time I go to work.

Now I'll sometimes ask if they want to know how it works or if they just want to know that it works - but just as often, I don't even mention it anymore.
I think for me it depends on the day. Sometimes I'm just cleaning up to make everything look better. I usually deep cleaing during the spring.
  Reply   Purge Spammer