• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24" Cimex
i cant find the thread(s) where this model was discussed for CC'ing. i know 1 or 3 guys are using this larger model Cimex for CC'ing. what is the biggest con in using it? you have to custom-cut your own pads to fit the larger pad drivers??

seems like this would CC faster and possibly better?
It's a cool machine. The only guy I can think of of who was using a 24" Cimex was Tom Cermak. We never got too much call for them, because the 19" machine is like the perfect size. Not too big, but large enough to cover some serious ground. Personally I'd rather have 2 guys running 2 Cimex machines (covering 38" inches). I think that multiple 19" machines affords flexibility that the larger machine would lack. But if you were cleaning acreage of carpet (like in an airport) - the larger sized machine would be a great way to go.
There is no need to cut pads. Excellent Supply has 10 inch scrubbing pads for the 24 inch Cimex machine.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
We own two of them. Older ones that were restored. Ran one side by side at an assembly hall once against 19" and there was a noticeable difference in performance (cleaning path was brighter) . My guess would be the weight difference.(?) Never felt that it is too wide for any jobs that we do.
[Image: Photo0065.jpg]
Go for it Derek! Now's the time to buy since Rick is running his 18 month zero interest financing special. Smile
great info!

idk if the missus will go for it though, she has the toughest job of handling our finances. will have to discuss it. Rick, what is the price tag for a 24" model? i don't see it on your site.

thanks Rodney, this is the 1st i've heard of someone having pads to fit it!

you have the best looking Cimex FCMD. good to know it cleaned a lil better, must be the weight. i bet those older machines weigh more than the newer 24" models.?.

we have several clients where the 19" barely squeaks between 2 desks. i could always bring in the Orbiter to get behind those desks.
Let me take all your stress away Derek. In fact, you won't even need to speak with your wife about it. The 24" Cimex carpet scrubber is no longer being made. It is effectively obsolete. Parts are available, but new machines are not being produced.

If you can find a used one, grab it.
PHEW, good to know Rick. that does make it easier!