• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typical dry times?
What are your typical dry times fastest time to longest time when encap cleaning and bonnet cleaning. We have had a rainy season what do you do on 100% humidity days? Do you clean or reschedule? It must be tough in the humid southern states.

For me I have bonnet cleaning dry times as fast as 30 minutes and up to 12 hours on dirty ones or looped carpets. Encap usually 2-15 hours depending on soil and humidity.

I like to advertise fast dry times but if mother nature does not cooperate it makes it tough. I usually leave 360 fans to help dry in those cases
With encap cleaning we always stated that the carpet would normally be dry within 2 hours. Occasionally if we had a weird situation with poor HVAC it could take longer. But providing that there's a decent AC unit running (we're in Florida) then we could normally expect that the carpet would be dry within 2 hours.
(06-06-2013, 10:10 PM)encapman Wrote: With encap cleaning we always stated that the carpet would normally be dry within 2 hours. Occasionally if we had a weird situation with poor HVAC the carpet could take longer. But providing that there's a decent AC unit running (we're in Florida) then we could normally expect that the carpet would be dry within 2 hours.

Yes the ac is a good point. Unfortunately up north 100% humidity and 57 degrees..I love cleaning in February when your clothes are stuck to you because of static. The moisture just jumps out of the carpets the air is so dehydrated.
i've never considered rescheduling based on humidity levels...especially being VLM only have i ever thought of it.

for CGD 1-2 hours tops.

for resi 2-6 hours based on humidity AND if they want water based protectant application after cleaning.
I have to agree with Rick! Yep I'm in Fl.
I have never really worried about dry times, in a commercial setting especially.
residential placing a fan down after we are done in each room speeds dry times if one feels the need. Residential jobs in most instances do not need 500 psi blasting the carpet, use an Orbot or brush machine to scrub in the pre spray 350 more then enough to do a great job, guess that is why we love the Steamin Demon so much
Hi,

What do you mean by 'pre spray 350 more'?

350 psi? What are you using to pre-spray?

Also, do you use a TM as well or just the Steamin' Demon?

Thanks

(06-07-2013, 09:16 AM)David-Hebert Wrote: I have never really worried about dry times, in a commercial setting especially.
residential placing a fan down after we are done in each room speeds dry times if one feels the need. Residential jobs in most instances do not need 500 psi blasting the carpet, use an Orbot or brush machine to scrub in the pre spray 350 more then enough to do a great job, guess that is why we love the Steamin Demon so much
I average about a gallon per 300 sq ft. Are most of you using less to get those dry times.. My restaurant jobs are usually the longest dry time because I will use more solution but only 1 gal per 300 residential
I am in Houston where it is really humid most of the time. Those that do water restoration will understand it this way. It was 138 grains outside today. Really humid. We still get 2 hour dry times with encap. It doesn't matter what the humidity is outside, it matters what it is inside and with a properly functioning AC unit it will remove moisture. If we use a fan it is even faster.

Also, as a side note, if it is raining than the humidity is falling out of the air. So typically the humidity is lower while it is raining but as soon as it stops and the sun comes out then the humidity goes up with the evaporation.