• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow up on CleanFax magazines article on Encapsuation
2 years ago I had a bldg of 40,000 of carpet squares and interface carpet mill voided warranty. The bldg owner complained about squares curling after 8 years of cleaning by several companies.
When researching about how squares curl I learned it is from the backing design of commercial carpet squares---20 years of problems.......carpet mill did not have to talk about what caused problem but just stated warranty was void because pads on machines that rotate void warranty. After talking to mill a few times even about recent cri certification of the orbot the mill rep said it would void warranty even if it was cri certified.

I re bid this job for higher price because I finally found a way to keep carpet looking good by switching from a hydramaster truckmount to micro fiber gray pads on a trinty machine.
Then another company was hired to replace me with a cimex to come in to maintain carpet. Shortly after I found out that mill voided warranty of the 8 year old carpet and would not replace carpet. Since then on a new job with squares from same company ---interface----I talked directly to mill on how to clean a bldg with 35,000 sq ft a brand new carpet that was less than a year old because the bldg owner was concerned with following warranty. I am having a hard time cleaning the carpet with mill standards near a kitchen and cafeteria that has 100% olefin carpet squares that are hard as rocks...no vaccuum can recover all water on these and the crb does not absorb any soil. Pads would solve the problem but will void warranty. Encap products are helping but pads would solve many issues.

I have a bldg with carpet squares i have been cleaning for 2 years and have no problem with curling and the carpet looks better than when I used my truckmount and rotary extractor. It needs to be cleaned every 2 months because of heavy traffic so it has been encapped many times with the best results I have ever seen for such a heavy use bldg. I use pads with straight water on some entrys to remove some possible encap build up before re applying more polymer. Other areas just get encap and pads afterwards to remove soil and stains. It looks much better after 8 weeks than the many hwe products and tools i have used on it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Follow up on CleanFax magazines article on Encapsuation - by Joel Hoppe - 11-10-2015, 12:18 AM