• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Part Post: 10.5 Reasons + What Would Rick Do?
As an owner who is in the process of getting my self out doing most of the technical work
I can tell you that it is definitely slower to do so on the residential side . After decades of servicing them I know them their families, likes what they expect and on it goes.

I have introduced the new tech ( one or another of my sons) got the clients fairly comfortable with fact they will still receive the same great service, but sometimes it just does not matter if I am not on the site I will get a call back from certain clients or be asked to be the one to service them. I can even just play baby sitter and talk to the client through out the entire job and it is fine, if I am not there something just is not right to the client. All new clients see me at the first visit that is it, everything has been going smoother this way.

Commercial In most cases just an intro to the contact person and the techs is all that is needed, so far the only exceptions have been in the military installations and our high security buildings ( I have had to obtain security clearances that enable me to go into certain government or affiliated buildings ).

Mr Mellon I like to clean also, but I have found the less I clean the more fun I have cleaning when I do it. Love getting new buildings up and rolling then let the boys take over,
they like DAD helping but only so much, they say go out an network or sell something will you.
[undefined=undefined]I agree to an extent.

However, if it's an O/O business (residential) it is far more personality driven. Having near instant recall of your customers names, pet names and the rapport that builds over time is an obstacle that a new owner will face. Looking at it from the customers perspective it's as if they were dealing with a new carpet cleaner.
[/undefined]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Part Post: 10.5 Reasons + What Would Rick Do? - by David-Hebert - 05-20-2013, 06:42 PM