• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile
The vapor steam unit runs off regular household plugs.

I'll get some photos up and I've got a quick video on YouTube; I don't have the video address at hand but just search Dry Touch tile cleaning or Dry Touch dry vapor steam or such and the site should locate you to the vid.

Full procedure: spray light solution, agitate tile surface w/floor machine if needed (often the ambient steam from grout work, plus just wiping it up, is enough), directly work grout with steam, pass over with steam mopping, done.

And, the heat is ca. 300 degrees, so the floor is also sanitized.

Reply to Rick,

Yes, it was quite a job. We finished in late Feb, so I cant speak for how the tile may look now, as the maids promptly went straight back to slopping it with mop water.

I tried to discuss with the staff improved maintenance to preserve the cleaning, but what can I say?

We used the Orbot on all seven buildings, running down whole floors set up for tile, then switching plates and coming back over the carpet.

Direct rates per hour are not as fast as conventional, but there is also far less set up, far greater portability, and much greater detail capability without water into corners and under appliances/cabinets, so the productivity is actually pretty close job over job, without the mind bending aggravation.

You've also got to be willing to do most work sliding with your knees on a bonnet, which actually isn't too tough.

At Long Boat, we did a head to head demo against Steemer for the job. I cant imagine trying to do something like LBKC with conventional portable equipment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by drytouch - 08-24-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Ed E - 08-24-2013, 08:33 AM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Hoss - 08-25-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Hoss - 08-31-2013, 08:16 AM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Ed E - 08-31-2013, 09:07 AM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Ed E - 09-10-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Hoss - 09-10-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Ed E - 09-11-2013, 10:00 AM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Hoss - 09-11-2013, 11:06 AM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by RCC - 02-22-2014, 09:47 PM