• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile
Ed ~

I am still studying the science behind dry vapor steam. I have used it on solid white oak with a polyurethane finish. I have used it on automobile fabric after extraction. I have used it on microfiber and cotton/poly interior upholstery and also on mattresses - pillow-top and regular. ~ Although I would avoid memory foam or any of that sort of material. I have also used it on grout in combination with the Orbot on marble and ceramic tile and also on vinyl flooring. It cleaned each of those surfaces very effectively. I really like what it does on its own to vinyl / linoleum flooring.

When adding a new coat of Bona refresher or polyurethane, the surface must be cleaned very well. The surface may be scrubbed with a Fibermax pad and essentially scuffed so that a new coat will adhere well to that surface. I think the same thing *may* be done more effectively and efficiently with dry vapor steam. The surface temperature may be changed enough so that the old polyurethane coating will more easily accept a new coat. It may also be that with a microfiber towel instead of the rougher terrycloth - that fine scratches on a polyurethane coating may be lessened by bringing the surface to a malleable condition again.

I feel pretty comfortable cleaning any wood flooring with the dry vapor steam. But, I can't say categorically that it would be effective on all finishes and types of wood flooring. Some of the thinner veneers may not be that good to work with.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Ed E - 08-24-2013, 08:33 AM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Hoss - 08-25-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Hoss - 08-31-2013, 08:16 AM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Ed E - 08-31-2013, 09:07 AM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Ed E - 09-10-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: Hos Orbot cleaning residential Tile - by Hoss - 09-10-2013, 10:20 PM