• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
175 floor machine vs Op machine, new Encap guy
Thank you jtmellon for your response. I apologize if my enthusiasm for my other two machines offended you. It was certainly not my intent.

Two examples:

I worked 4-8 vacant apartments 5 or 6 days a week for three months this summer. Every single one I worked involved at least one, and as many as six flights of stairs. Since the Sprayborg has big wheels, it kept me from carrying a machine up and down the stairs. Not having a spray cart kept me from an additional 4-8 round trips from the van to the unit (I do use a bug sprayer for pre-spray...). By the end of the summer, I had it down to three round trips for each unit. I am now working on a custom dolly that will reduce my round trips to two per unit, with nothing to carry. I would have never been able to do this work, physically, with my 175.

I worked a 3500SF church sanctuary early this year with the 175, and it took me all day. It wasn't really a great finished job either. Fortunately, they had me back after I bought the Sprayborg. This time, I did 4500 SF in half the time, and did a much better job. I was able to cut the price in half for them, and got two more commercial referrals from the church. I am anxious to return there with my Cimex this fall, as I anticipate cutting the time and price again. For me, this represents big productivity, and a competitive advantage.

cannon100, again, based on my experience, the wheels down is simply a physically easier and more productive process. I use my Sprayborg for all my resi work, and for some smaller commercial. I think the LowBoy that ES offers is a much better value proposition than the orbot. I anticipate buying at least one before next summer.
Ed Elliott

Messages In This Thread
RE: 175 floor machine vs Op machine, new Encap guy - by Ed E - 09-17-2013, 09:06 PM