• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tile & Grout Cleaning - Love It Or Hate It?
I have been a VLM cleaner for only around 2 years. Prior to this (eight 8 years) I was a T/M guy that has cleaned many, many sq feet of tile/grout. I have cleaned carpet & tile/grout with a T/M, high pressure portable (1500 psi) & Little Giant Propane Heater and spinner.

Will a Cimex, low speed buffer or OP machine clean tile/grout? Yes, all will do a good job in certain situations, I have used all to clean tile/grout. Obviously, cleaning the tile is the easy part, cleaning the grout in a timely manner is a different thing. If you are cleaning restaurants with a heavy grease load in the grout lines, then invest in a T/M or high pressure portable with a spinner and a single jet hard surface wand. In residential tile/grout, you usually can get away without using a T/M or high pressure portable.

In my opinion, trying to get a rigid brush on either a cimex or buffer into a grout line is not an effective method. As far as chemicals go, if using hot water extracting with a T/M on tile/grout, I prefer Anvil or Shoreline 2790, for any cleaning using a cimex or buffer I prefer NCL Cyclone.

Keep in mind, when I cleaned a lot of tile/grout, it was in restaurants, if you would to see any before & after photos of tile/grout cleaning send me an email! I hope this helps!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tile & Grout Cleaning - Love It Or Hate It? - by randyb4269 - 10-29-2012, 04:04 PM