• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last of the Mohican's is soon to die.
Hi all, I used to be on Rich's former forums back over a decade ago.  Been cleaning carpets for over 20 years.  I've used the Chemstractor with Von Schrader's Dry Foam.  I'm talking the old metal machine, not that blue plastic crap that came out in 2007.  Got me voted best of North Kitsap this year and gave me a good run for 20 years.  But I just cannibalized my last parts to keep my last Chemstractor going and it's time for the final Chemstractor to go the way of the dinosaur at last.  I'm sure you old timers are amazed that anyone out there still was using that wonderful old beast of a bygone era.

I've been keeping an eye out in the hopes that a new breed of low moisture extraction would rise up, but nothing has.  These new CRB's all seem to use bonnets and the RX20 types of machines don't look too low moisture.  So my choices seem to be go with a rotary extractor that puts in lots of water or go with a Cimex bonnet cleaner.  I've looked and looked and can't seem to find anything remotely like the old Chemstractor that injected the encapsulant into the carpet, brushed it clean and then extracted it back out.

So if that truly is a bygone era, then can people get me up to speed on what my alternatives are today?  Is there truly no more low moisture extraction method?  Are the new chemicals so good now that bonnets can get heavily dirty carpets (like the grease built up in a thai restaurant or the soot ground into a high traffic fire department) clean?  Because bonnets were fail for most of my experience but I haven't kept on top of that corner of the industry.  I don't want to go to HWE either.  I intend to stay low moisture.
  Reply   Purge Spammer

Messages In This Thread
The last of the Mohican's is soon to die. - by Scottsdryfoam - 08-12-2017, 06:35 PM