• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Big or Keep it Compact?
Would like to hear what you guys think on this one:

There is an opportunity for me to pick up a used TM. Overall, the TM is in good shape, the van is as well, but there are a couple of catches. First, the van is about eighteen years old. Second, it has no a/c (I am in Vegas for those of you that don't know). If the van has trouble down the road, I am most likely stuck and will be forced to get a new van. Also, if I were to buy this, I would almost certainly need to install an a/c of some sort. Not to mention the mpg.

Part of me wants the 'convenience' of a TM - get jobs done quick, versatility, etc. However, the other part of me wants to avoid all of the maintenance, costs (gas namely as I average 20 mile distances to my jobs - which is to say 40 miles round trip) and other responsibilities associated with it. Also, I am a terrible mechanic. Blowers, belts, heat exchange systems, pumps and small motors are things that I have zero familiarity with.

I also have the opportunity to purchase a used Steamin' Demon. I really like this machine. I don't think it's as fast a TM, but along with a CRB (or other agitation tool) it seems like it could take on most any type of carpet. Commercial, resi, etc.?

To me it seems like the Demon would be a simple way to go. I assume they are reliable?

Also, I do not know how customers would react to seeing a machine like that? Though I have plenty of experience in dealing with how they react to seeing an Orbot, so I guess that's mostly a non-issue.

Anyway, please let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Go Big or Keep it Compact? - by TheCleaningDude - 07-01-2013, 06:28 AM
RE: Go Big or Keep it Compact? - by NJP - 07-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Go Big or Keep it Compact? - by MikeB - 07-01-2013, 08:40 AM
RE: Go Big or Keep it Compact? - by David-Hebert - 07-01-2013, 09:12 AM
RE: Go Big or Keep it Compact? - by Rob D - 07-01-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: Go Big or Keep it Compact? - by MikeB - 07-01-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: Go Big or Keep it Compact? - by Derek - 07-01-2013, 05:36 PM
RE: Go Big or Keep it Compact? - by Lefty724 - 07-02-2013, 12:38 AM
RE: Go Big or Keep it Compact? - by Joe G - 07-02-2013, 01:04 AM