• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gain fireworks! Women love it!
[Image: pPGGainMar13.jpg]

The scent of Gain is not really that great to me. It smells ok, but for some reason, women absolutely love the stuff! (most I've encountered anyway)

I bought some of these scent pellets, sprinkled them on the floor, vacuumed them up, and it releases the scent the entire time until I change the bag. Homeowners love it!

I was wondering about adding a few to my RTU cleaning solution. I don't want to mess with the effectiveness of the polymer, because that defeats the purpose of encap cleaning imo, otherwise I'm just shampooing carpet.

I made up some RTU DS2, 4oz per gallon, about 10 of these pellets (equivalent to a tablespoon in my 5 gallon battery sprayer). Smells great! Just like Odorcide fresh scent, but waaaaay cheaper!

I tested the polymer in 4 glass dishes, two with the pellets, two without. With the scented RTU, I swabbed one dish, lightly coating the entire base. The other I put about 2 tablespoons to make a tiny puddle. I repeated those steps with regular DS2, with no other additives.

I woke up this morning and couldn't tell the difference. Both flaked away effortlessly. I did notice that the scent had almost dissipated completely. (probably just encapsulated) Anyway, it seems at first to be a very inexpensive way to add a pleasant scent. Especially to the vacuum.

Label says, "Safe for all colors and fabrics."

I still love the regular scent of Releasit products. They smell "clean" to me. I've never had anyone complain about the scent of DS2, but I've gotten a ridiculous amount of complements on the Gain scent.

Just thought I'd share.

Messages In This Thread
Gain fireworks! Women love it! - by JuddBowers - 07-08-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: Gain fireworks! Women love it! - by MikeB - 07-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Gain fireworks! Women love it! - by encapman - 07-09-2013, 08:02 AM
RE: Gain fireworks! Women love it! - by Charles - 07-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Gain fireworks! Women love it! - by MikeB - 07-15-2013, 10:18 PM