• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicles used?
I am using a 2012 half-ton Chevy Express. Doesn't get great mileage (16.5 average), but it does have plenty of room. I am adding a truck after the first of the year, and I have been eyeing the Connect Transit. The tradeoff becomes the amount of room vs mpg. Also, I frequently drive the highway with the ever present mountains, so the 4 cylinder doesn't excite me too much in that respect.

I bought mine off of lease with 13,000 miles for $15,500. From what I see, the used Transits don't seem like a screaming bargain to me.
Ed Elliott

what engine Ed ?
Horse and wagon.
I do have to wait for my money to get to me so as I can make my purchase. Tom Petty said it best, "It's the waiting that's the hardest part."
Not enough funds for transport. Grand caravan or a mitsubishi suv is what I am aiming for.
The C/V you mentioned for $9,000.00 sounds like a good deal.

(09-05-2013, 06:05 PM)Patrick Wrote: I do have to wait for my money to get to me so as I can make my purchase. Tom Petty said it best, "It's the waiting that's the hardest part."
Not enough funds for transport. Grand caravan or a mitsubishi suv is what I am aiming for.
Patrick ~ Another option is to check out reconditioned Verizon service vehicles. They are amortized and usually sold at auction ~ then dealers purchase them and usually give them some rehab before resale.

My Dodge Ram Van 1500 6 cyl was a Verizon van with very low mileage. It is the short bed version, gets pretty good gas mileage and holds a bunch of equipment. I had to put quite a bit of work into it, but it looks pretty nice now and serves the purpose with no frills. I had it parked in front of this New York industrialist's 'cottage' built in 1875 that had been turned into condos and it looked quite professional and stylish while I was working.

http://goo.gl/maps/6W0Eb

I use my Rav 4 to do small jobs and estimates.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
Great ideas all! Thank you everyone! The van for 9k is a pretty good deal. I don't know if there are any auctions soon for commercial vans. Just talked to a vehicle locator today. Told him my price point and what I was looking for. The search continues!
"what engine Ed ?"

cleantechsk - it is the 4.3L V-6. Since it is a half ton, and the capacity is not really an issue with a vlm set up, it is plenty, even chugging up and down the mountains here in SW VA.

Everything is a tradeoff though. I think if I was going to operate strictly in an urban environment, I would go with the Transit.
Ed Elliott

Found a vehicle. Money put down. Getting it completely checked out.
2006 Dodge CV
21000 miles.

Sent from my SPH-L900
(10-01-2013, 09:04 PM)Patrick Wrote: Found a vehicle. Money put down. Getting it completely checked out.
2006 Dodge CV
21000 miles.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Great!

That is very low mileage for that year van. Nice find!
Nope. No good. Grocery list of problems. Sigh.

Sent from my SPH-L900
I use a suburban and i have all my stuff in there including my cimex, just take the 3rd row out
Ryan Van Donge
Best Choice Carpet Cleaning
I may just look at an hhr.

Sent from my SPH-L900
We just bought a Transit. Love it on flat road, but since I live in the mountains, we have plenty of incline, and it does NOT like it! But I was amazed today with what we loaded in it. We had a job with carpet and VCT burnishing. We had the Low Boy, Cimex, high speed floor machine, Cyclo, mops, brooms, mop bucket/ringer, chems, 63" ramp, and various other items. My son got his organizational skills from his mother (he loads the truck), and we still could have packed our extractor had we needed it. Despite being dog A$$ slow, I'd buy another one in a minute.
Not enough money in my coffers for that. Would love one though.

Sent from my SPH-L900 now Free