• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making soileze profitable
Q for Rick. I'm charging $40.00 per area up to 225sf for cpt cleaning (crb) if I offer soileze protector for $15.00 per area and use it as directed, am I making money,or should i charge more? Thanks.
Charging .15 per 225 SF section would cover you cost, but wouldn't make you much much profit. You should be charging around .10 - .15 per SF for protector (you could discount below that for very large buildings). With those rates your numbers would fall somewhere between $22.50 - $33.75 for a 225 SF section.

On the other hand, your rate of .18 per sq ft for cleaning is a typically good rate. There too, you could dip a bit lower on larger buildings, and slightly higher on more challenging ones.
Follow on question for you, Rick. How does Soileze in a spray on application compare to some of the big chem house fluoro-chemical products with respect to stain/soil resistance and beading of liquids? I have a gallon which I guess I need to try in my living room and let my kids do what kids do.....
Ed Elliott

That's an excellent idea Ed. Test it and see. Soileze doesn't "bead" like some other products do. However beading doesn't actually contribute to soil resistance. What matters is how well the carpet holds up to soil conditions. Soileze resists water based, oil based, and even alcohol based soils. Apply it to your carpet and see how well it holds up. I think you're going to like it.
Does Soileze need to be raked in, how is it applied to residential carpet?
You can rake it in. But it's not necessary. Normally you can just spray it on right after you finish cleaning, while the carpet is still damp.

It helps the carpet become easier to maintain in the future. Of course, as you clean with Releasit Encap-Clean DS2 the detergent also contains a small amount of Soileze, so you're continuing to add a little more as you clean. Between the Soileze that's built into the detergent, and an occasional application of Soileze, the carpet becomes very easy to maintain.
Would adding Soileze to the Releasit product in the Cimex increase anti soiling protection without disrupting the encap cleaning process?
Yes, it would increase soil resistance. However we don't recommend adding Soileze into the cleaning solution.