• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thumbtack
Who uses Thumbtack? Can someone give a overview of how the system work and what price point. And is the bid price by the room or Sq feet?

When you win how do you get in touch w the customer?

How many jobs per months average bids or wins?

Thanks
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Here's the link to Thumbtack.
http://www.thumbtack.com/home-improvement
In fact, I haven't heard much about this service.
I'll be interested to see how this one is working for you guys.
Don't know about this one specifically. My experience with a similar lead generator (Home Advisor) was not good. Home Advisor was expensive, produced terrible leads, and resulted in very few actual jobs. Thumbtack may be different, but I am always leery about some outside entity that claims they can sell in my local market better than I can.
Ed Elliott

Wow, this is funny; I was just on their site today thinking about joining. Then I read how you have to buy credits to bid on a job. I passed. How can I give a bid without seeing the area to be cleaned. I mean this will kind of work for residential carpet cleaning but not for janitorial services.
I have Thumbtack and don't pay anything for a bid. This site is good for ranking on google.
At least people will notice you and they can call you directly and they really don't have to place a bid unless they are a "Priceshopper". You are not going to get a lot of business off thumbtack. I have had thumbtack for 2 years and last summer only got 2 jobs. 1. $220 & 2. $65. You get notified by e-mail when a customer requests carpet cleaning. In my area thumbtack doesn't charge for bids so the customer contacts us directly. It is mostly a price shopping site.
You can also get the bed sent to your phone via text message also, and unless you're in a highly populated area big cities you won't get very many bids

Black2White Carpet Cleaning
I guess in my area NJ, they are charging, cause here you need to pay. Unless I am reading it wrong. Which knowing me, I am.
I use thumbtack and have had good success with it. You don't have to enter a price to bid on a job. You can choose need more info and then set up with the customer to see it. It does still cost you the credits to do that, but they are relatively cheap. I have great reviews on there and as was stated, it gets you netter Google ranking. It's like angies list, but people don't have to pay to be a member.