• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Dog Urine
I'm going to clean 1 8x10 polyester rug and 2 8x10 wool rugs in the next week or so. The owners dogs have pee'd on them several times. I have some DS2 to clean with. What about the spots and odor?? What should I use for that?

Thanks...
Encap-HydrOx and Odorcide is a great way to handle urine spots and odor.
What if the rugs are dark?
A dark colored carpet/rug shouldn't affect your results.

But you always want to test for colorfastness (especially on darker colors) before cleaning is performed - whenever there's a chance of color-bleed or color-loss. Test by blotting the carpet in an inconspicuous section. Blot with a strong dilution of your detergent using a white terrycloth towel. Look for any color transfer on the towel. If you don't see a color transfer, you should be safe to proceed with caution.
Then spray the rug, let dwell about 15, then use my crb?
1. Spray the rug with HydrOx/Odorcide combo, and scrub with the CRB.
2. Now allow 10 minutes of dwell time.
3. Then spray the rug again with HydrOx/Odorcide combo, and scrub again.

Should do the trick!
Worked great.... Thanks again...
Excellent Smile
Odorcide would be great for the pet odor, but I also use with good luck Miracle Odor and Stain Remover that knock out bad stains and the odor deep down in the fabric.
Drummond Carpet and Upholstery Care
Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Carpet Repair, Carpet Stretching, Tile and Grout Cleaning Champaign-Urbana IL
http://www.drummondcarpetcare.com
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I will prespray with a hydrox mixture at either 3 parts water 1 part hydrox or sometimes 2/1. then when i'm spray the entire floor with the normal mix (10oz/gal) i make sure to go over those areas again. then CRB. typically removes both stain and odor. sometimes older stains may not come out but the odor still goes. I can think of twice where doing that didn't work, and neither did Nature's Miracle, so I had to go hardcore--i have a urine preconditioner that I use (brand escapes me) and extract after 10 minutes.
How do you take care of odor that has gotten into the pad? That seems to be what causes the most problems long term.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
If it gets into the pad, I soak with a mild acid, then flush and extract with a water claw on my porty. Then I inject a bio-enzyme into the pad. Usually works well. If the urine has gotten into the sub-floor, then you have a whole different problem.
Ed Elliott

How much Hydrox/Odorcide are you using to make a spray?

Louie
  Reply   Purge Spammer