• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mytee 175 or Vario
Hey guys,

I made the switch a few months ago to vlm for my high rise condos that are not accessible with the truckmount.

I've been using my dinosaur 20 inch 175 and crb and I'm convinced that vlm is where i need to be on these, as opposed to portable hwe, so it's time to upgrade some equipment.

Think of these as higher end apartments with mostly medium grade cut pile carpet and various types of looped, what i call berber, carpets. Hardly any of these allow pets, so pet urine is rarely an issue and i bought a spotter from here for the occasional time it's needed.

I had pretty much settled on the 17 inch mytee 175 with shampoo tank but the Vario is also a consideration. I'd like opinions on which you would choose and why?

I guess it boils down to will the Vario clean better or faster or both or neither? Or what I'd be gaining for the extra money.

Keep in mind i do have a Cimex already if that would affect your opinion at all

Thanks all.
The Vario would be my choice hands down over a rotary. A rotary is just fine, it's simply more limited in its ability to agitate the pile. The Vario has a much greater ability to connect with the fiber. Instead of making 175 large looping circles per minute on the carpet, the Vario makes 1725 small dime sized oscillations on the carpet per minute. Large circles simply lays the carpet pile over on it's side. Small oscillations has the ability to move the pile and address the tufts from all directions. So there's naturally going to be more efficient agitation with the Vario.

I also love the fact that the Vario can switch between spray or showerfeed on the fly. And connected to a 5 gallon battery sprayer affords roughly twice as much solution per fill up over a shampoo tank on a rotary machine. It's also nice to not have the added weight of a shampoo tank on the handle of the machine.

And lastly it is just plain easier to work with the Vario compared to a rotary. With a rotary your shifting the machine up and down all day to drive the machine left and right. With the Vario you simply push it in a straight line. It's so easy!

A rotary machine is a good choice when equipment cost is a major factor. But if you are not limited to a rotary, you'll find that the Vario's ability to move between Bonnet/OP and Encap/Shampoo opens up some nice opportunities. That's why I prefer the Vario.
Thanks Rick.

Concerns I've read about over the years with the orbital machines are velcro drive plates tear up the bonnets and potential tip blooming. Are either of these, things to actually be concerned about? I'm pretty sure tip blooming can be avoided by paying close attention to what you are doing?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.
No concern about the driver. The Vario doesn't have a problematic velcro drive plate like other OP machines. It has a more traditional style pad driver with short rigid bristles.

Tip blooming can occur with an OP machine. However if you're using a microfiber bonnet it's much less likely to occur. Proper bonnet selection, keeping the bonnet and carpet lubricated with solution, and keeping the machine moving rather than standing in one spot will minimize the risk of damage. As with any method, there's always a margin for user error. But if you're paying attention you shouldn't have a problem.
Does it come with gliders for under the pads or are they not necessary? Remember I wanting to use it for mostly residential carpet.

The Vario doesn't come with glides. Using the microfiber bonnets does not require glides. In fact I think that glides have become "old school"; they hardly get used by anyone these days. But if you'd like glides, we have them in our inventory, so that's not a problem.
Well I just ordered a Vario/ with the spray system.

Hopefully soon I'll no longer hate cleaning high rise condos. Smile

I think you're going to like it a lot!

Thank you for your orderSmile
Joey, congratulations on acquiring your new Vario, I know you'll love it.

When I got my Cimex and started doing commercial is really when I saw the benefits of high rise residential cleaning.

Back then I purchased another op machine, which I am still very happy with for high rise residential.

The Vario, (naturally) wasn't on the market then, and certainly not available in 220/240 voltage.

I also have the gliders, (although I have rarely used them, even in residential), & yes, I do use the microfiber bonnets.

Do a survey of the high rise properties and market to those tenants, it certainly does pay off.

Anyone want to buy a slightly used truck mount Big Grin

Cool
My first high rise cleaning is not till Friday but I was eager to try out my new Vario so I used it to prescrub a nasty rental today. My normal process would be to vacuum,crb scrub and extract with truck mount or scrub with 175 then extract with tm. This time I prescrubbed with the Vario and microbeast and extracted with tm. I have to say it did a great job. I used my regular hwe prespray and the spots/spills some of them very large just disappeared when I went over them. After the scrub I was thinking to my self that had I used an encap pretreat I could have skipped the extraction.

It was very easy to run and easy to lift in and out of van. One thing that surprised me was the sand and grit it vibrated up to the surface even though I vacuumed pretty thoroughly with the Kirby.

Only thing I'd like to see added would be a handle on the front. Maybe something made of some kind canvas.