• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OH SNAP. !!!!!
Had to clean & apply protector to a lounge suite on Saturday, then clean a small rug.

After that I had a twelve hour commercial job to do, a regular customer.

Just finished the rug & stood the handle upright............... & SNAP !!!!!!!!!!!

The height adjustment rod at the rear of the solution tank/handle, snapped at the base where it screws into the ferrous piece that goes around the axle.

You think it wasn't half awkward getting Big Yella back into the van again.Angry

So I cancelled my next job, no problem 'cept; this is a long weekend, Monday public holiday.

Short week next week.

Poor old Big Yella's gonna have a week or more off the road by the time parts arrive from down south, providing they have them in stock. Sad

Rant over, I may even buy another one ( Mex; ), to keep as a spare. ;-)

Lounge Lizard out........
Hey Shorty,

That's one of the reasons we stepped up to a stainless steel axle with our Big Boy Wheel upgrade kit. The stock zinc plated axle that the Cimex comes with will corrode over time, and the tee-piece can become fused to the axle. Then eventually as you raise and lower the handle, the adjustment rod snaps. The stainless steel axle solves this problem.

To correct your problem you will need to replace the adjusting rod, and possibly the tee-piece. If you decide to replace the tee-piece, you will most likely need to replace the axle too, since the 2 have probably become fused together. You may wish to just replace the broken rod, and that may work in the shot run. But the corrosion issue is still going to create the same problem going forward.

Even though it may snap again, you could possibly just replace the adjusting rod and try to work some penetrating oil under the tee piece. But the best option would be to replace all 3 parts - the rod, tee-piece, and axle.

Hope that made sense.
Thanks Rick, that's what I was figuring.

I have a stainless steel axle that I bought a few years back, sitting it the shed (somewhere) Blush Big Grin

Problem will be getting the rod and tee piece.

I also have a friend that has a near new Cimex for sale that I may buy as a spare and to use in semi retirement. Wink
Drove 200 miles down the goat track to Townsville & got my near new (20 hours work on it), Big Yella.

Solid rain all the way down and back, ten hour round trip.

My eyes feel like they're falling out of their sockets.

Swap the Big Wheels tomorrow morning and she's all set to rock 'n roll.

Now I can afford to wait for the spare parts to arrive. TongueBig Grin

Cool
You're a hard working man Shorty!
Good thing you still have your youth on your side Wink