• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone try this?
Has anyone ever tried to buff vct with a microfiber bonnet like a MicroGlide instead of a floor pad on their machine? Might work for those really humpy-bumpy floors that burn with UHS.
Interesting idea. In fact I have heard mention of using soft microfiber for burnishing. Why not do a test to see if it'll work? Please let us know what you discover.
I would spray burnish the vct with the microfiber.

Cool
I monkeyed around with this on a 1500rpm electric. Did a real nice job buffing (no spray) but had a little difficulty keeping it under the machine since there is no center hole but it worked.
Question on this related topic, guys. Have an account with 2 locations. Each location has about 1000 SF VCT. They want one (1) full strip & wax once per year (October). They also want quarterly "deep scrub". I asked if they want quarterly a "scrub & coat"….removing a little finish and reapplying 1 or 2 coats to freshen it up. They said no. No wax applied on the quarterly service. They basically said something a little more aggressive than a mop and bucket.

Would spray buffing work in this instance? I have a CRB and an Oreck Orbiter with some MicroFiber Pads.

Question: How would I go about this? With my equipment or would I have to rent something else? Could I use the Orbiter with a MF pad and a spray? If so, what product do I use? Would I just use a spray bottle? How would I go about this? Also, what would someone charge per SF for this service done quarterly? I typically charge .40/SF for full strip & wax. Again, they're just looking to freshen it up on the quarterly service.

Thanks guys!!

For pricing purposes, I forgot I'm the upper midwest…..Minneapolis area.

Thanks again guys!!
No, you can't use a CRB for servicing VCT. And you can't use an Oreck Orbiter. If you are being asked to buff / burnish / spray buff - you really need to get a 1500 rpm electric buffer to even begin to be effective. If floor care becomes part of what you offer, the money spent for a 1500 rpm buffer will be money well spent.

Here is one that we offer...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Koblenz-...p_189.html

In fact we have used these Koblenz buffers for years in our commercial cleaning business and I can vouch for the fact that they're workhorses!
Thanks Rick! Any idea on what people are charging for this interim service? I'm based in the Minneapolis area.

She didn't mention burnishing. Is that more or less my only option? She just said…….something a little more than a mop and bucket…….
High-speed buffing will make your work so much more efficient and the results will be so much better, there really isn't a better option. Trying to get decent results with a slow speed machine won't be very satisfactory. That's why I'm recommending a high-speed buffer.

Regarding the pricing for VCT floor care, it's pretty low typically. Normally it's around 10 cents per sq ft (frequently even less) for a clean & buff. But if you will provide the service as an add-on along with the carpet cleaning, you can normally cover yourself with the profit that you generate with the carpet cleaning, and still make a little extra. In other words, you can add a little bit more revenue by performing floor care as an add-on service - if you do it along with the carpet cleaning. On the other hand, the money you'd generate by performing floor care as a standalone service is generally abysmal, and probably not worth your while.
Rick is correct. 10 cents per sq ft or less so hopefully it's an add on. It doesn't take long so as an add on you can make some extra money.
Thanks guys, really appreciate the great input!

Had a chance to inspect the VCT a little more closely last night. In a number of spots, the wax has been worn away (office chairs with rollers, etc.) and it is down to the tile and there is some damage to some of those tiles. Would there be any issues with the high speed going over "unprotected" tile?

Like I said, There will be a full strip & was in October, I believe, and quarterly "deep scrub", as she says...
No issues if you keep the machine moving. I would avoid damaged tiles with the buffer though.