• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Encap a Microfiber Couch
I was wondering if I can encap a microfiber couch and if so what product would I use and what method of cleaning?

Thanks,
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I would use HyDrox sprayed on with a hand held pump sprayer. Agitate and wipe off with a clean, white cloth. Groom with a horsehair brush, and throw a fan in front of it.
You could follow the advice above.
You could also add a rinse step if the upholstery is heavily soiled.
Thank you for the answers. I forgot to mention the couch is red, would anything change?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Always a good rule to follow: Test for colorfastness first...
Blot the fabric with a white towel using the cleaning product of choice. If no color transfer occurs, proceed like normal. Red is the most common problem color for color bleed. However microfiber is normally pretty solid as far as color goes.
We've been getting great results on microfiber using encap cleaning only....

A quick breakdown of what we do is:

1. Pre-vacuum sofa
2. Lightly prespray w/ encap solution - we've used encap basic and DS2 with great results.
3. Scrub sofa w/ Orbot micro (cyclo) - we like the black brushes over the white ones, even though they say they are for hard surfaces. Just don't use aggressively on delicate natural fabrics.
4. At this point we run a microfiber towel under a 10" Ryobi car polisher - we use skateboard grip tape on the bottom of the polisher to help hold the towels in place. This pulls out a substantial amount of emulsified surface soil and also aids with drying time.
5. We groom out the microfiber to set the pile, and perform a post inspection to make sure we haven't overlooked anything.

Here's a Side by side of the finished results on the foot rest of a microfiber sofa.....

[Image: 9d6bc72941dcbfedcaa18e9770d56d56_zpsc646a65a.jpg]
Nice job mate.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........