• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe Im doing something wrong...
So I picked up an orbot with on board sprayborg for 1500, barley used. I've been messing around a bit in my home learning VLM with the basic encap and a few microbeast and standard microfiber pads purchased here at ES. I see that most of you post vacuum after your cleaning but I find that to be very Inconvenient in theory because I have to wait for the carpet to dry, right? My average job is 3 rooms - so id clean the carpet and wait an hour or more - this just seems like a major waste of time and semi awkward as Id just be hanging out with the client. What am i missing/ doing wrong etc.
I think maybe you have your wires crossed/confused.

If you are encapping in a residence, then I believe that most would probably suggest vacuum the carpet after cleaning.

Although I know that many don't.

This is when you are using pads such as FiberPlus, etc; true encapping.

The carpet should not be saturated so vacuum should still perform this job, providing the carpet is not over-wet AND the vacuum can handle a LITTLE bit of moisture.

If cleaning commercial, and they have daily cleaners coming in to do the vacuuming, etc; then you need not worry about vacuuming.

Do not be confused with encap; and pad-capping or bonneting.

If you are using the Sprayborg, then I would say that you are using bonnets, therefore the carpet does not need to be vacuumed as the bonnets are doing the extraction.

This is pad-capping or bonnet cleaning.

Some like to use an aggressive bonnet first to loosen up the soiling, followed by a thicker bonnet to extract/dry the carpet.

Think I said that right. Wink

Some of you people (down 'Bama; way), don't hardly understand me, so he say's. Wink

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Just tell the customer to vacuum within the next couple of days. No need
to wait around for you to vacuum.
Id prefer to not leave the carpet crunchy/stiff after cleaning so post-vacuuming to me seems like something that I should do in residential cleaning. That said, if I vacuum while the carpet is still slightly damp, will I avoid the stiffness that seems to appear after the carpet has dried?

Any thoughts on this Rick?
Hi msc. If you are using the Orbot with bonnets in a residential environment with Ricks solutions the carpet will be a little stiff until totally dry and vacuumed. There is no way around it. That is how the system works. I inform the customer of this and also leave a document with the customer telling them of the benefits of the system and explain the need to vacuum after the carpets are dry. Folks understand if you explain it. The carpets do return to their original softness after the first vac. Its no big deal. I also use a long string microfiber bonnet to help dry the carpet and this also tends to lessen the stiffness. I don't believe vacuuming helps until the carpet is totally dry and waiting for that is not practical.
Would you mind sharing that document with me lee? It would sure save me allot of time in the creation process.

You could also just email it if you want it private. Meyersteamcleaning@gmail.com
Just emailed it. Its simple but it works!
Lee
That is simple - thank you!
Simple is good. We tend to make things more complicated than they are!
Lee, could you send that document to me as well? Mick342@gmail.com

What A Difference - Carpet & Tile Cleaning - Lexington KY
www.whatadifferenceky.com
LOL, I can see where this is going lee - maybe just copy past the content here.
Here it is...Just send all royalty payments in cash!!!

We Recommend:

Deep Cleans unique system allows your carpets to dry in about 4 to 6 hours. We do recommend you vacuum your carpets after 24 hours of the original cleaning. This final vacuuming will provide the following benefits…..

1. Return the carpet to its original softness.

2. Reset the nap of the carpet.

3. Remove any extra carpet threads or fuzz.

4. Remove any remaining dirt.

5. Ensure carpet protector performance.
Thanks...

What A Difference - Carpet & Tile Cleaning - Lexington KY
www.whatadifferenceky.com
(07-05-2014, 05:55 PM)lee@deepclean.us.com Wrote: Here it is...Just send all royalty payments in cash!!!

We Recommend:

Deep Cleans unique system allows your carpets to dry in about 4 to 6 hours. We do recommend you vacuum your carpets after 24 hours of the original cleaning. This final vacuuming will provide the following benefits…..

1. Return the carpet to its original softness.

2. Reset the nap of the carpet.

3. Remove any extra carpet threads or fuzz.

4. Remove any remaining dirt.

5. Ensure carpet protector performance.

Lee, just curious. Why the 4-6 hour dry times with VLM? Those are HWE dry times.
I imagine Lee is suggesting an extra long dry time before recommending post-vacuuming in order to insure that all the moisture and humidity is gone from the carpet fiber so that full crystallization can occur. It's true that the carpet should be dry in an hour or two with an encap cleaning. Yet it's a good idea to provide additional drying time before performing the post-vacuuming to let the encap process give its full effect. Normally performing vacuuming the next day, or whenever the next normal routine vacuuming would occur is good.