• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I encap clean stairs?
Shocked 
Alright, i have micro beast pads and microglides for carpet, now what type of machine and pads are best for stairs? Ive read on here that makita polishers work well, is this true? Also, if anyone can give me a process to start with for stairs with - what chem reconendations and procedures that work the best and what pads to use. This way i have a place to start. Thank you guys for all of your help!
Here is a simple approach for encamping stairs that works well.

Pre-vaccum.
Pre-spray with Releasit shampoo of your choose.
Scrub the stairs with a Drill Driver,

http://www.excellent-supply.com/8-inch-D..._p_10.html

Another option would be to use an Oreck Orbiter. But the Drill Driver works great too.
Rick, how would the drill driver be any different than a polisher in terms of cleaning, theyre both just spinning right so i should be able to accomplish the same thing?
I use the zebra brush on a long handle. ***** of a workout for the arms!
(07-06-2014, 06:42 AM)msc1917 Wrote: Rick, how would the drill driver be any different than a polisher in terms of cleaning, theyre both just spinning right so i should be able to accomplish the same thing?

You could use a polisher.
Either one will work.
Depends on the type of polisher you are using.

I would NOT recommend using a 175rpm floor polisher.

If you are talking about a polisher like what is used on cars, a buffer??, most of these tend to bog down if the motor does not draw sufficient amps, or is a low amp machine.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I would invest in the stepson. Works awesome and no bogging down. A little rough on the back but I'm an old guy.
I am new to encap but use a drill with the attachment I bought from Rick and was veery impresses with the results. Pre vac first then sprayed on Realist then let the drii and the pads do the work.
The HOS Orbot Micro is the easiest orbital dual driver hand tool to clean stairs and upholstery. It was designed in mind to eliminate operator fatigue and discomfort while cleaning stairs and upholstery.

[Image: hos-micro-cleaning-front-of-stair-carpet.jpg]
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Thank you all for your help! Alot of great ideas, ill check out the drill driver and stepson for sure!

Ohh, ill have to check out the hoss to!
This is what I use. I just don't have it connected to a long handle. I also use the 1" long brush heads for carpet and the split ends brush for furniture. Works great and never bogs down. It has an adjustable speed control also.
This is what I use with a DA polisher Meguires .Kestrel, etc single head these brushes fit.

http://www.bodyshop-tools-supplies.co.uk...p?cat=2055

I am sure these came from the states.
Stephen, until you get an actual tool you can scrub the stairs with a brush and hand bonnet them. I personally looked at every tool available and decided to go with the oreck orbiter. The oreck orbiter is a small OP machine and can be found on craigslist or eBay for $200 or less. I admit, I am open to something that might be a little lighter/smaller to bring into the job.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Felicita Wrote.. "The HOS Orbot Micro is the easiest orbital dual driver hand tool to clean stairs and upholstery. It was designed in mind to eliminate operator fatigue and discomfort while cleaning stairs and upholstery."

We just found one of these exact machines in my wife's grandfather's basement. Said it is from the late 50's /early 1960's. He used it to maintain his car's finish. Has a lot of pads and accessories. It is like new.