• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polishing with Cimex
I have a customer with a small area of polished flooring who wants it buffed. Can I do this with the Cimex?If so which pads or bonnet do I use?
Hmm, good question. When I was doing that type of floor work I would use a white pad or light beige pad with a high speed floor machine, like at least 1500 rpm. JMO
I have successfully spray buffed VCT with a Cimex with excellent results. I used the regular red 3M buffing pads. You may have to do some searching for the correct size tho'. I could be mistaken, but the FibrePlus pads look very similar to a "Jackeroo" pad for buffing.

Reply   Purge Spammer
Either of our FiberPlus pads, beige or gray, are similar to a red pad. But I think you'll appreciate quicker results and a higher shine with a 1500 rpm or higher UHS buffer.
I dont yet have a high speed polisher, this client only has a small area so spray buffing with the cimex is my only real option. I am just curious how the fibre plus pad don't scratch. I would never of thought of using the pads instead I expected to be told to use bonnets! Also somewhere I saw cimex polishing brushes,
Nick, I would use the beige Fiberplus pads if you are worried about scratching the floor.

Remember, the lighter the colour, the softer the pad.

The darker the color, the coarser the pad.

White pads under a high speed polisher were used for polishing.

Red pads for spray burnishing.

Black or green pads under a slower (175rpm) for scrubbing/stripping.

For your small area, I would use either of the Fiberplus pads and spray burnish, ie: use a trigger sprayer and simply spray a small section before you go over it with the Cimex to raise the lustre and give that gloss to it.

It won't be as good as a high speed polisher but can give good results.

Heading out again now for three commercial jobs.

Still haven't cracked the reds. Wink Sad
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Well said Shorty. As usual Smile

Our gray FiberPlus Max pads have a similar consistency to a red pad, just slightly more aggressive. And our beige FiberPlus pads are just a shade gentler than a red pad. Or you could just take a 17" red pad and trim down some pads to 8" with scissors, if you prefer using a red pad.