• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did my first residential with the Orbot,but still have questions...
So I did my first residential low moisture cleaning with the Orbot, ds2, and Micoglide bonnets. The basement carpet cleaned up well with no real issues (dense carpet-more fibers per square inch- glided better over fiber), but the carpet upstairs which was more of a frisey style (less fibers per square inch-a bit more drag) seemed to have some fiber separation. I applied releasit via the sprayborg as i was going. here was my process...

#1. prevac
#2. Mix ds according to instructions.
#3. Place dry microglide pad on orbot.
#4. Flip orbot head down.
#5. Trigger solution spray and wet down fiber just in front on the orbot.
#6. Place orbot with dry pad on wet sprayed area and turn on.
#7. Complete cleaning passes triggering forward infront of the machine as i clean.
#8. Return to starting position with no trigger.
#9. Move to next row. Repeat

Cleaned a total of 600 sq ft. Used 2.5 orbot jugs of cleaning product.

What if anything did i do wrong here get the fiber seperation? And what other sugguestions might you guys have based on what ive written
Did you use a glider underneath your pad?
No, i thought i didnt need one with microglides.

Where do i get one?
Never used an Orbot but one thought is to use a damp pad to start off with.
1. A damp pad will not absorb as much product as a dry one will so you will have longer dwell time,more time to clean, (your first pass) Just like a wet sponge cannot hold or pick up as much water as a dry one will.Then go back over with dry pad
2.Damp pad is a lubricated pad.

Just a thought
Use a damp pad. Will pick up more soil.
If I understand your question correctly, you were possibly seeing some fiber pulled away/out of the carpet as you cleaned. In my experience, this is not totally uncommon, based on a multitude of factors. If you were properly lubricated, and kept the 'Bot moving, I would not worry so much about seeing some loose fibers. If I get loose fibers in the normal cleaning process, I just do a quick post vac and move along.
Ed Elliott

Im referring to the individual fibers coming unraveled. I wanted to fix that issue - seems to be my only found issue with VLM/encapping for resi so far.
I would recommend to always work with a wet pad. Always!
With Frieze I would use a Tuway pad or long string pad.
In residential I try to match the pad to the length of carpet as a general rule.
Sounds like you are describing "tip-bloom", discussed on another thread earlier this year (untwisting pile-residential). Hopefully this is the link:

http://forum.excellent-supply.com/thread...=tip+bloom
Ed Elliott

I agree with Patrick, Joe, and Lee... always work with a wet/damp bonnet.
Also, use plenty of solution on the carpet to keep the fiber lubricated.
And with frieze especially, it's a good idea to use a glide as well.
Agree with these guys.

Always use a damp (I like them a little wetter myself) pad and keep the machine moving.

Frieze is one of the carpets you'll learn to hate. Frieze mats down very quickly once it's installed, then may look like tip bloom/unraveling but it's not.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk