• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydrox in the summer heat?
I was wondering if keeping hydrox in the truck during the hot summer days will affect it.
I haven't had any problem yet,but I was wondering that too after having a different companies gell & ruined almost a whole gallon...
I can't get Hydrox as such down under, but I do use a similar product with H2O2 in it.

Living in the tropics we don't carry large quantities of any product that may be affected by heat.

Our H2O2 is kept in a one gallon bottle with a vented lid.

If the lid is not vented, pressure can build up and explode the bottle, then you have a problem with the H2O2 throughout your vehicle.

Even worse if someone is nearby when this happens.

Our five gallon container is kept in the cool at home and we de-cant it regularly.

As above, we also have had gelled products separate due to the heat, and some also (I believe), with age.

When you live a thousand + miles from your distributor, it can be a fine line between ordering enough product without getting too much that it goes off, or not ordering enough & you run short of product.

Excessive freight charges ensures that one must be frugal. Dodgy Wink

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Heat and light are tough on hydrogen peroxide. That being said, we have a lot of it out in the field all summer long (HydrOx is a very popular product) and it holds up just fine. Bottom line; limit how much HydrOx you store in a hot vehicle. Beyond that small measure of care - you should be good.