• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need direction on a few residential cleaning questions...
If you've read my recent posts you're well aware that I am a newbie when it comes to LOW-MOISTURE carpet cleaning. I am slowly testing and trying to find a process that works well and am struggling with all the newbie questions that come with this style of cleaning. Here are the questions I have... (Please note - I'm specifically asking about residential)

****Here is the Equipment I have****
Orbot with spray borg, Micro-beast and Micro-glide Bonnets, maxipro battery powered sprayer, Oreck vacuum cleaner.

Q#1. Should I pre-spray my solution with a battery sprayer before and let dwell or just use my orbot and apply as I clean, or should I be doing some sort of a combination of the two?

Q#2. How wet should my bonnets be - just damp as in spray some encapp on them before using them or should I downright soak them and wring them out before using them?

Q#3. Should I be following up my initial work-in of the product with a pass that is not applying solution? If so should I be using a separate bonnet, if so should that bonnet be wet or dry.

Another ( I would LOVE it if you guys shared this) equally helpful way of answering this - would be to share your process for light, medium, and trashed residential carpets. If I could just get a baseline to use I feel I could find my way. As a 15 year HWE guy, I'm great at what I do - but I feel downright lost with residential low-moisture and I so want to figure this out. Thank you guys for your patience with my questions!

-Stephen M
tell us what part of which state in the country you are in. some are apprehensive to help unless we know whereabouts you're from...if you know what i mean Big Grin
I totally understand guys. I'm Stephen Meyer - My business is Meyer Steam Cleaning and I'm out of Madison WI - You can check out my website at www.Meyersteamcleaning.com (site needs a lot of work) You could also share with me by emailing me at meyersteamcleaning@gmail.com Thank you in advance for the input guys!

BTW Awesome logo you have!
good info, thanx Stephen Big Grin

my advice below in bold text, others will have differing advice.

(07-14-2014, 06:23 PM)msc1917 Wrote: Q#1. Should I pre-spray my solution with a battery sprayer before and let dwell or just use my orbot and apply as I clean, or should I be doing some sort of a combination of the two? yes give dwell time when OP'ing with the Orbot, it will give superior results...10 minutes works, use your smart phones timer.

Q#2. How wet should my bonnets be - just damp as in spray some encapp on them before using them or should I downright soak them and wring them out before using them? i dont use microfiber, so idk about this one for you. but for the cotton blend pads that i use, which are similar to the Superzorbs, i downright soak them and wring them out some, so that they are still dripping wet

Q#3. Should I be following up my initial work-in of the product with a pass that is not applying solution? If so should I be using a separate bonnet, if so should that bonnet be wet or dry. no need, just vac / prespray with dwell time / OP with wet pads

Another ( I would LOVE it if you guys shared this) equally helpful way of answering this - would be to share your process for light, medium, and trashed residential carpets. If I could just get a baseline to use I feel I could find my way. As a 15 year HWE guy, I'm great at what I do - but I feel downright lost with residential low-moisture and I so want to figure this out. Thank you guys for your patience with my questions!
i use those steps for all carpet, light to heavy soil
-Stephen M
Thank you Derek!

What are you experiencing for dry times on average and are you post vacuuming?
dry times for resi is 2-6 hours depending on airflow and humidity levels. i don't bring in my fan.

i only post-vac resi carpet, and only when staple fibers pop up.